The Daltons and a question about remixes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevatedmole

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okay.. rather than look stupid and flood the board with 2 new topics at once (sorry, I've been always told not to post new topics very often
tongue.gif
) I will compact my 2 questions into one..

1: When they did the Daltons, what did Adam play? I swore I read he that he played the tambourine, but now I can't find the info anywhere.

2: Remixes. Actually, one of them isn't. On the b-side, A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel (I think that's the correct name), seems to have the same singers that sing on the Lemon Perfecto mix, and the Even Better Than The Real Thing remixes. But they are not credited anywhere. Does anyone know who they are?

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Bump

------------------

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Actually Adam played bass (imagine that!) when they were the Daltons. He was Betty Lou Dalton.

Regarding A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel, I dont know their name but it was a group of gospel singers from Memphis. It was recorded at Sun Studios the same time as Angel Of Harlem, When Love Comes To Town, Love Rescue Me (Prisoner Of Love) and Jesus Christ. They sound similiar to the singers on the remixes you mention but I do not think they are the same people.

They came out at the Coliseum in L.A. like that, a couple of other shows we went to back then, and it was before most of the audience had shown up, and before the Pretenders opened, and it was so funny because people were booing them, but mostly no one was even looking or paying them any attention. It was so great because they were real twangy, and Adam was in a dress.

maybe i can find out when me and gonzo go to sun studios in a couple weeks, lol.
imagine that, i've lived here for seven years and i've never been in sun studios before!

------------------
drifting snows searching plains and high, turning stones as she looks for the heart somebody stole...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Betty Lou Dalton: "We play two kinds of music, country and western!"

Man it would be fun to have them do something like this again.

oh yeah, just how cool that?d be. I?d pay a lot to see Adam in a dress.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Back
Top Bottom