The Crystal Ballroom - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JUSTinPUSHPLAY

Acrobat
What's everyone thinking of the song? Personally I think it's criminal it's not on the proper album, so much fun and what a great edge solo at the finish.

Life begins with the first glance
The first kiss and the first dance
All of us wondering why we are here
In the crystal ballroom underneath the chandelier

Wet the glass until the glasses sing
We punish our hearts 'til the heart bells ring
Cos' where we come from we're not always kind
The human soul is what love leaves behind

We're the ghosts of love and we haunt this place
We're the ghosts of love in every face
In the ballroom of the crystal light
Everyone is here with me tonight
Every...one.. but you

Our first chance is their last dance
Our life is shaped by another's hands
Buttoning and unbuttoning a cold cold dress
Stopping and unstopping every cold caress

Born for bliss born for this
Every human life begins with a kiss
A kiss by every kind of possibility
And everyone is here tonight with me

We're the ghosts of love and we haunt this place
We're the ghosts of love in every face
In the ballroom of the crystal light
Everyone is here with me tonight
Every...one.. but you

Totally love this one. It's actually groovy! Did I just wrote that?
It could replace more than few on the album. Easy!!! My SOI alternate tracklist is shaping up nicely...:applaud:

Those lyrics are pretty bad. Bono's description of the subject matter was a lot more promising.

Spot on. Doesn't work very well out of context but the delivery is just right. It's that kind of song. Only makes real sense blasting it loud on the surround system. I just did. :D

I'm not giving in but based on what I'm reading, this song should have been on the album.

In very excited to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My biggest surprise - The Crystal Ballroom!!

I was expecting to like Lucifers hands better, just going by the song title. But nope. Crystal Ballroom is SO cool. And Lucifer's, while very good, does sound a little B-sideish. Like it still needs some refining.

I would say I like CB better than Miracle, This is Where, SFS and maybe even Iris and Cedarwood rd.

It has a super pop chorus that I could hear on the radio big time. LOVE the intro, and the roboto outro.

Wow,such a "poppy" beat and song. Probably could have been a single. Not heard anything like this from U2 since Pop. Brilliant.

Sent from my D6503 using U2 Interference mobile app

Wow,such a "poppy" beat and song. Probably could have been a single. Not heard anything like this from U2 since Pop. Brilliant.

Sent from my D6503 using U2 Interference mobile app

I just did a womanfish edit of this song. I took out about 30 seconds of the 1 minute guitar solo at the end. It actually tightens the song up nicely. :)

If anyone is interested I could try to make it available somehow.

I just did a womanfish edit of this song. I took out about 30 seconds of the 1 minute guitar solo at the end. It actually tightens the song up nicely. :)

If anyone is interested I could try to make it available somehow.

Thanks, but actually I'm waiting for the 12" Mix of The Crystal Ballroom (on the Vinyl version) ... hoping this version will be even longer :heart:

NO!! i love the solo lol

I would normally agree with you and never touch and Edge solo, especially since SOI is lacking them. But this song is so tight and pop bliss, that it just felt right to trim it a bit.

Now if they just would have given me a great solo for the end of The Troubles to tack onto the studio version, I would be so happy!

What a fucking song! Should have been on the record, and been a single. I hope they play it live. It might be my favorite from the sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom