The Crystal Ballroom - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's baffling that this didn't make the album. It's sleazy sounding and a hell of a lot of fun.

Boring shit like Song for Someone made the album over this. Friggin U2. They always do this.

And yes, U2 clearly were listening to Love Is the Drug and/or Rock the Casbah when they wrote this.

You see, there are also people (like me) who are very glad U2 didn't put this on the album and throw out beautiful (not boring and not shit) songs like EBW or SFS. I think everyone here can make his own and individual U2 record and tracklist the way they wish for the album to sound like, throw songs out and add other songs.

It's baffling that this didn't make the album. It's sleazy sounding and a hell of a lot of fun.

Boring shit like Song for Someone made the album over this. Friggin U2. They always do this.

And yes, U2 clearly were listening to Love Is the Drug and/or Rock the Casbah when they wrote this.

BigMacPhisto: I like this song better than every track on SOI barring "California"...this is catchy as hell and finds them outside of their comfort zone. Very Depeche Mode sounding.

I am with you guys, which I know I don't say often. I love this song. This is what I love about this band. They can catch me forgetting that it's them! That's how cool and different and well done this song is.
I totally agree that this should have been on SOI, instead of SFS.
Or at least ON the proper record somewhere.

I like this song better than Miracle, SFS, This is Where..., Iris, and Cedarwood.

Love the song, it's really different and great, but I don't know that I would replace anything off of the proper album for it save for maybe SFS.

I have a feeling this song will be the "The Mercy" of 2014...people thinking it's the greatest song they've ever done and not understanding why it didn't get a proper release.

You see, there are also people (like me) who are very glad U2 didn't put this on the album and throw out beautiful (not boring and not shit) songs like EBW or SFS. I think everyone here can make his own and individual U2 record and tracklist the way they wish for the album to sound like, throw songs out and add other songs.

Hey, let's not bring EBW into this. That's a good one.

Love the song, it's really different and great, but I don't know that I would replace anything off of the proper album for it save for maybe SFS.

I have a feeling this song will be the "The Mercy" of 2014...people thinking it's the greatest song they've ever done and not understanding why it didn't get a proper release.

That's a good point. I do remember the band saying something about one of their 2,982,581 albums that they were making, one of them was a dance album. Makes me wonder if they scrapped that idea and ended up reworking some of the songs into more traditional rock, and that TCB just didn't fit on SOI or SOE musically so they just used it as a B-Side.

I haven't really given a full thought of a ranking with this song and the songs on the album, but I have to believe that it'll clearly end up in my top 5.

I can't believe it wasn't included on the album and/or held off until Songs of Experience.

And as this is clearly a danger mouse track, I feel more and more that they're dopes for feeling uncomfortable with his work.

That's a good point. I do remember the band saying something about one of their 2,982,581 albums that they were making, one of them was a dance album. Makes me wonder if they scrapped that idea and ended up reworking some of the songs into more traditional rock, and that TCB just didn't fit on SOI or SOE musically so they just used it as a B-Side.

I am also thinking about what you said. That is probably what happened.
But since there is going to be a next record , perhaps they will
release some of those dance songs next. Perhaps? :hmm:
I REALLY don't know what to expect now from the "Songs of Experience"
after listening to the complete double-cd "Son gs of Innocence".
I am intrigued at what will come next. Another set of acoustic songs?
A dance+rock style record?
A symphonic style record with Beethoven-Junior directing?

Anybody else hear a A Freak Like Me Needs Company vibe? Anyone else like THIS song a lot better than THAT song as well?

Do you mean - Spider-Man Turn off the Dark "A Freak Like Me Needs Company"?
I do not hear any similarities in these two songs :hmm:
Very different songs.

I can't get the arcade fire out of my head when I listen to this song. Digging it though.

Sent from my HTC One using U2 Interference mobile app

did you find out if we had the production credits for this disc? this song has to be all DM i figure.

I haven't seen it, but I can't see anyway that it's not a pure Danger Mouse track.

It oozes danger mouse. I would be shocked if it turned out to be Epworth or Tedder.

I do expect those two to get credit for the acoustic takes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom