the connections between certain U2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
there are some U2 songs which remind me of one another, or seem to belong together.

Beautiful day/Where the streets have no name:

energetic, powerful, optimistic openers. both songs hype me up, lift my spirits.

New York/Acrobat/Exit:

because they are all the toughest songs on the albums sonically. hardest guitars on all of them.

Kite/Red hill mining town:

because of the structures of the songs. a lower voice in the verses, full power in chorus. also, both songs use strings.

Elevation/Discotheque:

i don't know why, but the groove (the drums) in Elevation instantly reminded me of Discotheque's drums. even when it was just a clip.

Wild honey/Trip through your wires:

the happiest songs on the album. romantic too. really different to anything else on the album.

WOWY/Walk on
Stuck/Running to stand still:

even though most people prefer WOWY and Walk on, to me Stuck and Running to stand still are better songs. i prefer them.

------------------
"the beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart"
- Carson Daly, introducing U2

the goal is soul

"be uncool, yes be awkward"

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-15-2001).]

anyone else connecting U2 songs?

------------------
"the beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart"
- Carson Daly, introducing U2

the goal is soul

"be uncool, yes be awkward"

yeah, U2girl... I've been connecting so many U2 songs lately with what's happened in America, most of ATYCLB and songs like If God Will Send His Angels, Wake Up Dead Man, Numb, Dirty Day, One... most of the Joshue Tree and R & H, lots of UF & War...

frown.gif

I never noticed that, good observations!

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

I think that there are definately themes in the music and part of my being a fan is the discovery and sharing of these themes. There is so much more to the music.

Two of my faves that i think tell a story together are gone and stuck in a moment.

I've noticed this too...you've pretty much nailed most of them. There's a chapter in the Flanagan book where he talks about the way Bono's mind works,and how he's WAY more intelligent than many people give him credit for, because he's so wacky at times. He goes on to talk about how Bono absorbs absolutely everything he hears, reads, sees, touches, and can string them all together in a way that no one would *ever* come up with , yet he does it in such a way that it all makes complete sense, AND you get sucked in and totally agree with everything he says along the way.

I tend to think that if Bono hadn't been who he is, in U2, that he'd have had a wickedly successful gig as a salesman...he's got the swing, got the sway...he's the the lemon in his lemonade.
biggrin.gif

If you look up the word "individual" in the dictionary, you *should* see Bono's face!!
biggrin.gif

disco

Back
Top Bottom