the complete u2 isn't so complete?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
where's maggie's farm, unchained melody, and the million dollar hotel soundtrack to name a few :angry:

i wonder what else is missing :hmm:

i'm still glad i bought it though.
and i :heart: my u2 ipod.
saved me hours of uploading and organizing all my cd's and got a few extra songs i hadn't heard before.

TheBrazilianFly said:
Have they ever recorded a studio version of Maggie's Farm? :hmm:

Not as far as I know. That's probably why that one isn't on it, don't know about the others though.

It's devoid of covers that were not on Rattle and Hum, probably because of royalties. And most of the MDH hotel soundtrack is not actually U2 as the full band, though The Ground Beneath Her Feet and Stateless both made it into the Complete set

UnforgettableLemon said:
It's devoid of covers that were not on Rattle and Hum, probably because of royalties.

Yes that would make sense. It must be a royalties issue.

maybe someone can help me out here...i've been told that 'dancin shoes', 'paint it black', and 'bathtub' are all on the complete u2. however i've scrolled down the entire list on my ipod and can't seem to find them. i've also searched by artist under all the passengers folders and can't find them.

i had to use a friend's computer to download everything to my ipod. my computer doesn't have the system requirements for itunes so i have no way of knowing if those three songs are in fact in the complete u2 or not???

And Bathtub is also a track on the MDH soundtrack. But ABEL, the songs you mention are not on The Complete U2. Basically, if it is a cover or not done by all U2 members (excluding Passengers), then it's not on The Complete U2.

C ya!

Marty

I have noticed that the version of Discotheque, the album version is not on the Complete U2. There are so many dance mixes but I wonder why the original version of it off of Pop is not on it.

mysticchild said:
I have noticed that the version of Discotheque, the album version is not on the Complete U2. There are so many dance mixes but I wonder why the original version of it off of Pop is not on it.

What? It is on there on Pop where it is supposed to be.

Personally, the one song I was most looking forward to having on the Complete U2 was "Womanfish". I know it wasn't a b-side etc but they did perform it live on a TV show in Ireland prior to JT being released and anyone who has heard it would probably agree with me that it certainly sounded like "the mother of all rock tunes".

Unfortunate it wasn't on the Complete...perhaps it was just too rough of a demo or maybe they are holding it back for later release-maybe when they are retired and need to generate some more royalties to put the kids through college!:wink:

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
Actually, I'm going to second that -- even though it says it's the Pop version, mine most decidedly is not.

Listening to it again right now and it is the exact same as my hard copy. Is it possible iTunes made a mistake at one point and rectified it? I just downloaded the Complete U2 a week ago. When did those who said Discotheque is different download it? And how is it different? And once again, we are talking about the Pop version, not the various Discotheque single versions.

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
Mine sounds like the single -- it doesn't have the longer intro. Weird.

My album version is 5:20 and my single version is 5:11, so my album version is just nine seconds longer. If they stuck the single version on your album, I guess that's not a big deal.

bsp77 said:

Listening to it again right now and it is the exact same as my hard copy. Is it possible iTunes made a mistake at one point and rectified it? I just downloaded the Complete U2 a week ago. When did those who said Discotheque is different download it? And how is it different? And once again, we are talking about the Pop version, not the various Discotheque single versions.

It's same as the hard copy on my set too and I just got mine a few days ago. (5:20)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom