The "complete" Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Anybody remember the tracklisting for the supposed double album before all the extra songs were made into b-sides? It ran really well, I lurved it. But it go by-by. And I no longer have "Race Against Time" or that other song that wasn't on the Best of bonus disc.

Anyway, I'm listening to Spanish Eyes... How the hell did this not make the cut and Trip Thru Your Wires did?

Luminous Times, Walk to the Water, Race Against Time, Spanish Eyes, Silver and Gold, Sweetest Thing

That's 6, I think I am forgetting one, maybe two.

Wasn't Heartland also going to be on the Joshua Tree?

The_Edge89 said:

very interesting, although it would be REALLY hard for the band to all of a sudden change joshua tree after 18 years.. maybe if they released it under a new album name, and perhaps remixed it for 5.1, then yeah it would definately fly... on a related note, I think the album that *really* needs restoration is Pop, they need to give Gone more of a live feel (sort of like the new mix on the best of, but not quite), and put in the Please Single version and the If God Will Send His Angels Single as well.. I have mixed feelings about the Last Night On Earth Single.. I really like the album's version bridge where Bono sings in the high pitched voice, but everything else about the single version is better...

Trip Thru Your Wires IS a good song, but I think it's more B-Side material than Spanish Eyes. It does provide a good foreshadowing of Rattle and Hum though.

Guys, I have a favour to ask one of you. Can someone kindly direct me to a place where I might be able to hear some of these b-sides? Thanks.

I have all of them...however I only think I have Walk To The Water on the puter....unless someone can tell me how to upload MP3's off disk to my C drive, then I can at least forward Walk To the Water---send me the addy

Yeh heartland was originally from the joshua tree sessions, yt how it didnt make the cut is beyond the realms of understanding

Trip Through Your Wires is a great song, I think its amazing and fits perfectly on the album. Spanish Eyes is a great song, but I liked the live version, the album version wasnt as good IMO.

Back
Top Bottom