"the closest they have ever got to making the perfect album"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popacrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Band Belfast-Bound?

U2 are reportedly adamant about performing in Belfast City on the band?s next tour. An ?extremely well-placed source? told the Belfast News Letter that the band wish to perform at Odyssey Arena to make up for all the times they were unable to schedule a tour visit to the city. The source also told the paper that Bono believes the new album is ?the closest they have ever got to making the perfect album? and that he is ?desperate? to tour again.

courtesy u2log

Desperate to tour, eh? I bet shaking hands with all those dodgy politicians is really starting to get to him. This is exciting to me.

Odyssey Arena is like a 10,000 seat arena, if I remember right. So they'll need to play there.....what? 10 shows? Yeah, sounds about right.

Ah, yes, it's that time again, that time to throw out the "near perfect album" type quote. Similar quotes were uttered before ATYCLB, such as, "The album we've always wanted to make," and "I don't believe this to be our last record, but if it was, that would be okay," and the most infamous, of course, "We have 15 of the best U2 songs ever written, and we're about to narrow them down to our favourite 10 to 12." Ah yes, Bono the master of hype hasn't missed a beat (and hopefully neither has Larry...sorry, couldn't resist :wink: ).

Last edited:
Michael Griffiths said:
Ah, yes, it's that time again, that time to throw out the "near perfect album" type quote. Similar quotes were uttered before ATYCLB, such as, "The album we've always wanted to make," and "I don't believe this to be our last record, but if it was, that would be okay," and the most infamous, of course, "We have 15 of the best U2 songs ever written, and we're about to narrow them down to our favourite 10 to 12." Ah yes, Bono the master of hype hasn't missed a beat (and hopefully neither has Larry...sorry, couldn't resist :wink: ).

Exactly...Don't believe the hype = Bono! Is it a coincidence that Bono is painting "Peter and the wolf" - pictures? ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, you got me there. I guess I should have said "don't believe a word until there is an official press release".

The whole story is kind of funny: Bono is "desperate" to tour again!! I'm sure he's looking forward to the shows and fan interaction and taking new "rock" songs out, however I doubt he's sitting around chomping at the bit to get out. I can't believe the exaggerated tone of this article. Too cheesy even for Bono!

I hope that they do get to Belfast though, for all those Northern Ireland fans. They have really been slighted in terms of U2 shows. They got a big show on Popmart, which was good. But other than that, U2 haven't really played in the North hardly any throughout their career. I think they played in a smaller hall there during the Joshua Tree Tour.

I think it's possible, now that Belfast has this new arena. I read an article where Bono said he liked the arena, because it "reminded him of those sports arenas in America." But this is contrary to the rumored stadium tour. Maybe we will get an arena/stadium combo tour.

Man.......I'm really off with this thing......must try to hold on until the album is released and the tour is announced.

Back
Top Bottom