The calm before the storm...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Anyone else notice that the U2 camp has been very quiet of late?
U2 is a band that isn't ever really out of the spotlight for that long, thanks to Bono running around trying to save the world and all. But besides a short vacation and the announcement that Prop will be making one last turn, this time as a "best of" book, we really haven't seen the boys in the news too often lately. Why might this be? hmmm... could the be preparing the media circus that comes with the announcement of any new u2 album and tour? I think so. Just the fact that they've set a release date for the final Propaganda (october 2nd) makes me think that we could see some sort of an announcement comming around the same time. Perhaps a nice november release, right before the thanksgiving break, aka the biggest shopping weekend of the year.

hmmm... the tuesday before thanksgiving is November 25th... which also happens to be the 23rd birthdays of both myself AND chizip... could that be a sign? hmmm... as we know, albums in the US get released on a tuesday... hmmmmmmm :scratch:

You know sometimes it's nice to not see so much of the boys, helps to build up the excitement for whatever else is coming next. I feel, however, that we won't see a new album until March of next year. Especially with the new Slane DVD coming, which I believe will close out the ATYCLB/Elevation period and open the door to the next endeavor!

all i can say is that i hope this means they're really trying to work on the album and finish it up or whatever. basically, that it means the band is doing what they can to get the album released before the next century. :D

DaveC said:
Headache's right. Trust me. :wink:

He'd better be right, or it's his ass!!!:rant:

Just kidding. I'm sure that they would release the new album next fall. But there are lots of albums coming out this fall that I am going to hopefully try to get into, to kinda distract me from my craving of new U2 music. Once the Slane DVD comes out, I'll be obsessed again. I NEED a U2 break. REM and STP have greatest hits coming out....Travis has a new album....Strokes new album....others I'm sure. Maybe I can stay occupied.

David "Is it 2004 yet" Phelps

Back
Top Bottom