The Boston DVDs sucks. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2002, 08:37 AM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by candyfloss:
I wouldn't say the DVD sucks, but I've watched the ZooTV video about a thousand times. Yet I haven't been able to sit through the whole Elevation DVD more than once.
And why they would cut out 'One' I'll never understand.

They cut "One" because it leaves us wanting more. I don't know about you, but it sure as hell worked on me. After I saw the DVD for the first time I ran home and watched "POPmart". If I didn't already have other videos, I would have bought one!!

Old 02-18-2002, 09:25 AM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 11:55 AM
I think overall the POPmart video is the best of them all. POPmart just seemed to lend itself to watching on video. I love the shots of the crowd and of the entire LED screen as it's changing with the song. Bono and especially Edge look like they are having a lot of fun with the show. Elevation isn't as fun to watch, but I don't think that the shots take away from the overall effect of the dvd. The sound quality is very good. I would have like to have Mysterious Ways and One make an appearance, but oh well. BTBS and The Fly are just amazing. As for ZooTV, i think the video and audio quality are rather poor. The color seems to be off a little and most of the audio just falls flat at times. Although it's enjoyable to watch the band just going crazy with all the cool stuff they did for ZooTV, i think the poor quality takes away from it a lot.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Old 02-18-2002, 09:33 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung Zooropa:
I think overall the POPmart video is the best of them all. POPmart just seemed to lend itself to watching on video. I love the shots of the crowd and of the entire LED screen as it's changing with the song. Bono and especially Edge look like they are having a lot of fun with the show. Elevation isn't as fun to watch, but I don't think that the shots take away from the overall effect of the dvd. The sound quality is very good. I would have like to have Mysterious Ways and One make an appearance, but oh well. BTBS and The Fly are just amazing. As for ZooTV, i think the video and audio quality are rather poor. The color seems to be off a little and most of the audio just falls flat at times. Although it's enjoyable to watch the band just going crazy with all the cool stuff they did for ZooTV, i think the poor quality takes away from it a lot.

yay
Old 02-18-2002, 10:06 AM   #24
Banned

ZOO Tv is the best by spirit, looks , POP MaRt is best by special effects
and Elevation boston doesn't have any pluses , but only one - sound itself ( however editing all crowd off was a bad thing )
Old 02-18-2002, 10:15 AM   #25
The Fly

Local Time: 01:55 PM
Does the DVD contain songs from both shows? Which one is from which? And what songs didn't make it?

Andy
Old 02-18-2002, 11:12 AM   #26
Refugee

well there is the punter cam on the Boston DVD if you don't want to watch the "normal" version! It probaly didn't matter how it was filmed, there would still be people slagging it off! just no pleasing some people, for me, it was like being there again!
Old 02-18-2002, 11:20 AM   #27
The Fly

Johnny-I felt exactly like you did after watching the Boston DVD the first time. Since then, I have come to appreciate it for some of the positive things mentioned above. I really like that flawless DVD quality actually. I think the lighting is brilliant. However, I really hated the quick shots, and closeups, and how there were very few stage shots. I agree with that. Bono doesn't sing to well laying down either. I've come to like it more as time goes on though.
Old 02-18-2002, 06:06 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:55 AM
The DVD definitely has its pros and cons.

Everytime the DVD gets to the point where One should be, I get really angry that they cut it out. What the hell happened that they would completely take that song out of the film?

Also, I wish there were more crowd noise. Some of the most breathtaking moments are when the crowd is singing along and you can really hear it. There's a little, but not as much as say, during Stay of ZooTV. I've also found that non-U2 fans are really impressed by the sections where the concert is a giant sing-a-long.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart
Old 02-18-2002, 07:04 PM   #29
The Fly

I have the Smashing Pumpkins DVD and the short film Try is i dunno how to say this...weird. The whole thing is just basically gross. The only redeeming part is the minute near the end when all that crazy shit happens. Thats kinda funny. Other than that I didn't like it. All in all though it's a great DVD full of interesting stuff and good videos.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO
Old 02-18-2002, 07:16 PM   #30
Refugee

Local Time: 12:55 PM
Why are you all moaning about One not being on it? If you have either Zoo TV or PopMart, then it is on there, so shut up.

The only thing that has annoyed me is that they didn't film it in widescreen format as well. So much for up to date technology!
Old 02-18-2002, 07:18 PM   #31
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:55 AM
i hate the song one, so i'm not complaining!
Old 02-18-2002, 11:05 PM   #32
New Yorker

isent the second show on the boston dvd or have they put show one and show two together.any ways elevation dvd is better than pop mart.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:05 PM   #33
Bad Daddy Johnny

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
btw, did you get the Pumpkins' DVD yet? (what did you think of the short film, Try?)
Not yet, I've been meaning too. But once I get a full 3 disc Metro show with multiple angles, a behind the scenes documentary, and a drum clinic with Jimmy...my life will be complete.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:36 PM   #34
Kid A

what??? I thought they weren't going to release that? or release an shortened version with songs cut out...

more info please!
Old 02-19-2002, 02:40 AM   #35
Kid A

that review is mighty hard to swallow, johnny [canned laughter and groans]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way
Old 02-19-2002, 02:46 AM   #36
Kid A

btw, did you get the Pumpkins' DVD yet? (what did you think of the short film, Try?)
Old 02-19-2002, 09:48 AM   #37
Bad Daddy Johnny

I've heard all kinds of different reports on it. 'It's going to be released' , 'It's not going to be released' , 'It's going to be the full show' , 'It's going to be cut'....and on and on. But what I wrote above is what I hope and pray for.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:44 AM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
I might be pulled inside out from my ass for saying this but.....

for the first 10 mins, I just could not get into the Boston concert.......... I foolishly compared it with another concert that wasnt U2.......oops.........
Old 02-19-2002, 11:53 AM   #39
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by mad1:
I might be pulled inside out from my ass for saying this but.....

for the first 10 mins, I just could not get into the Boston concert.......... I foolishly compared it with another concert that wasnt U2.......oops.........
Which concert was that? Do tell!!

Old 02-19-2002, 11:58 AM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Oh no no I cant I cant

I felt like shit....like a guilty lump of honey sitting alone beside the toast, ya know?

but now Im okay with it........