The Better Opening Number

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
What song has the most opening power?

1 Zoo Station
2 Mofo
3 Elevation
4 City of Blinding Lights
5 Love and Peace or Else
6 Vertigo
7 Where the Streets Have No Name
8 Bullet the Blue Sky
9 11 O' Clock Tick Tock
10 Hawkmoon 269

SMB

Love and peace or else!!

It would be so great to have first some video and the beginning of that song for 4 minutes or so and then larry kicks in!! Bono sings lay down .... but we can only see him (not so good) on the screens, and when he start singing Lay down your treasure!!! he's suddenly standing in front of you!!

ohhh dreams.... ;)

difficult question. LAPOE live is mindblowing, but I think it suits better in the middle part of the show. Yesterday in Brussels it relaunched the whole thing after two slow songs (miracle drug & sometimes ...).

I kinda liked Elevation, that could really build up the tension. The guitar riff of Zoo Station is extremely powerful. Popmuzik/Mofo is another great opener.

But if I have to choose one, I'll take Elevation.

This is easy.

Moooooooooooooofooooooooooooooo!

Clunk clunk whhhhhhhhhhuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . .

:hyper:

I get a bit carried away with this song. . .

Gotta go with Mofo, followed closely by Elevation just for the cool "trippy mix" intro and the band coming in with the lights up.

But yeah ... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
3. Hawkmoon 269
4. City Of Blinding Lights
5. God Part II
6. Mofo
7. Gloria
8. Zoo Station
9. Love And Peace Or Else
10. Bullet The Blue Sky

1-5 is static, the rest prone to change.

corianderstem said:
Gotta go with Mofo, followed closely by Elevation just for the cool "trippy mix" intro and the band coming in with the lights up.

But yeah ... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This is the correct answer.

Zoo Station is the greatest intro to a song their has ever been bar none and so that makes it the best opening number ever been! Still sends shivers down my neck with that first edge chord or note he plays!

Hm ... I was thinking about Zoo Station as the album version, but the live version? With the long intro with Beethoven and the beating drums and everything?

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I'd say Mofo simply because the outstanding Mexico City performance following the blast of POP MUZIK through a stadium of screaming fans just knocks the bollocks off me each and every time!

Zoo Station is VERY close behind, though! superb song to open with.

Back
Top Bottom