The Better Opening Number

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ZOO STAY-SHUNNNNNNN!

and Bono doing his 'Karate Kid' pose in front of the TV screens

Wax On, Wax Off Bono-san:wink:

Zoo station tied with Where the streets have no name.

Though Love and peace or else has its moments too.

The only live show Ive seen opened with LAPOE, and that was awesome. But the Slane DVD is what gives my vote to Elevation.

How bout Like a Song to bad they dont play that these days... anyways with the choices i think where the streets have no name is good

I just graduated from community college, recieving an Associate's Degree for Applied Science(Web Development major). It took two years and wealth of homework to get it.

I'd give it back in a heartbeat if I could go back to 1997 or 1998 and see just the first 10 minutes of a Popmart show, with the ingenius boxer-like arrival of the band on stage, and the opening number MOFO.

:wink: :wink:

At the risk of being soundly thrashed...what is it with Mofo that everyone likes so much? Cuz I'm not getting it.

(Ducks under her desk to avoid flying objects):confused:

It's an incredible rock song...one of Adam/Larry's most powerful collective moments...some of the most introspective lyrics Bono has ever written(at least for a commercially released song). And the way the band entered the Popmart stage to play it...:drool:

Mofo is an awesome opener because it just SCREAMS live, and how can you not jump up and down and shake your ass when it kicks in? Man. Love it so much.

BEVERLY56 said:
At the risk of being soundly thrashed...what is it with Mofo that everyone likes so much? Cuz I'm not getting it.

(Ducks under her desk to avoid flying objects):confused:

Couple reason:

1. some of bonos best lyrics ever
2. edges guitar scream in the beginning--and the way he holds it live (what a bad ass moment) :drool: :drool: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
3. pulsating bass
4. adams mask

MOFO :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Zoo Station because the overall build up leading into it is simply brilliant. Still gets me every time. Mofo because Bono swaggers up there onto the stage, shadow boxing in his robe, drops the robe, then instantly throws the knockout punch in Mofo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom