The Better Character from the ZooTV Era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favorite ZooTV Character

• The Fly

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • The Mirror Ball Man

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Macphisto

Votes: 47 51.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
perrypickwick said:
I loved Macphisto trying to get Bush Senior on the line - (and making fun of him). Far better than getting medals and finding nice words for him. :sad:

That was Mirrorball Man.

I went with The Fly. I actually have grown to enjoy Mac but I don't like what he did to the songs, vocally. The character was cool but his WoWY :down: I didn't like what he or MBM did to Desire either.

I do like them all though.

Need I even say it:wink:
Mac had to much about him,The Fly was cool about everything and had that deep voice :drool:
unlike Mac:huh:

Macphisto all the way. He was campy and ridiculous and indulgent, and that's why he represented the Zoo era so well. He was brilliant. The more I think about it now, the more he seems like the sort of character who'd turn up in a Salman Rushdie novel, which makes this picture so delightful and ironic.

bonosalmanrushdie1.jpg

The Fly was awesome but Macphisto was pure genius. I love how Bono sang the songs differently as Macphisto, how his expressions and attitude seemd so much different with Macphisto. The Fly was cool but he seemed to be just an exagerated version of Bono. Macphisto seemed like an ultimate alter ego with no real trace of the original character(Bono). Macphisto gets my vote. Mirrorball Man was funny and cool but just a more outlandish and even more self righteous version of the Fly in my opinion. All were great but Macphisto in my mind was by far the most "character" of the bunch. The other two seemd more like spinoffs of Bono than most people would like to admit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom