The Best Of U2?s Non-Singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Soar

War Child
The Best Of U2?s Non-Singles

1. Hawkmoon 269 (Live) (Lovetown Tour TV Special ? Sydney)
2. Bad (Live) (Wide Awake In America EP)
3. Until The End Of The World (Live) (Alternative NRG ? Greenpeace Benefit album)
4. Bullet The Blue Sky (Live) (Stay single)
5. Dirty Day (Live) (ZOOTV Sydney Concert Video)
6. New York (Live) (Stuck In A Moment single)
7. Gone (Live) (Walk On single)
8. I Threw a Brick Through a Window / A Day Without Me (Live) (New Year?s Day single)
9. The Electric Co. (Live) (Under A Blood Red Sky Video or I recently saw a German TV special on the Unforgettable Fire Tour from Dortmund [Bono climbs up to the balcony to sing a snippet of Amazing Grace)
10. 40 (Live) (Under A Blood Red Sky Video which as the full version is twice the length compared to the concert album version?)

Approx. Time: I?d imagine between 55 ? 60 minutes

After reading Gregory McGuire?s article ?Classic Album Track: Until The End of the World? in which he states that it and Bad are widely considered as 2 of the greatest U2 songs ever but yet neither were released as singles. It got me thinking about how both are incredible live and about what other songs from the other 8 U2 albums could join the list. After selecting a few songs I realized how most of them that were being picked was for their live performances. So I focused on live versions for all of them aiming to have as many as possible official CD releases. When this was not possible I thought of officially released audio versions from U2 videos and TV specials.

After I drew up this compilation I thought of how good this material is and for it to be better live demonstrates the excellence of U2. To have the ability to not only consistently produce great material outside of their 40 or so singles but also have the skill to perform them live in an outstanding manner. How many other bands can do that? Also I thought of how U2 signed a 3 album Best Of contract. Most of us assume that the third one will end up of being 2000 ? 2010. But why not release a Best Of Live U2 and a unique one at that? This project kind of does both ? excellent U2 live tracks combined with ?new songs? compared to the Best Of 80s and 90s. U2 could release this the day after Thanksgiving or the first week of December. It could even come bundled with the ZOOTV Sydney DVD. The Slane DVD has kind of re-introduced casual fans and the general public to a ?stadium setting? for a U2 concert. With the ZOOTV being U2?s most ?popular? and most critically successful stadium tour it would further whet the appetite and prepare the world for a stadium tour announcement in February 2005. With U2 in 2005 at Glastonbury Festival (150-000) and Croke Park (120-000) being recently announced ? its looking more and more like a World Stadium Tour.

Hidden Bonus Tracks:

Running To Stand Still (ZOOTV Sydney Concert Video)
11 O?Clock Tick Tock (Live)
Possibly one more track? Shouldn't it finish with U2's supreme concert moment / experience = Streets? Which performance of it?

Great idea. Not in order:

Bullet The Blue Sky (Live in Sydney ZOOTV)
The Electric Co. (Live Under A lood Red Sky)
Bad (Live from the Rattle And Hum film)
Gone (Live from Boston)
Like A Song :up:
Hawkmoon :yes:
Until The End Of The World (Live in Mexico City)
New York (Live At the Plaza)
Zoo Station (Live In Sydney ZOOTV)
Surrender

Hey U2Soar could you please send me an e-mail. I just want to talk with you about something. clarog@terra.com.br

Definitely an off center idea and there?s no way U2 would release it! Oh well ? fun stuff and we could seriously talk about a ?Best Of The Rest? compilation (Heartland & Drowning Man quickly come to mind. U2 themselves selected One Tree Hill by adding it as a bonus track to the Japanese Best Of 80s. Running To Stand Still.) And a ?Best Of U2 Live? CD (Mysterious Ways [ZOOTV with Bono?s falsetto climax and The Edge?s solo] would have to be there.

Hi BrazilianFly I sent you an e-mail.

Last edited:
i dont see why a live best of album couldnt come out, especially if the rumors of the band workin with apple IPOD to release lots of live material ends up true. if i remember some of what ive read correctly, we arent talkin 2 or 3 shows but many shows.

then again if this were true, then just leave it up to the fans/customers to make their own best of by picking and choosing those tracks instead of putting a compliation together for people that might not appeal to masses.

Back
Top Bottom