The best laugh I've had in years! (Creed content)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO, thats one of the WORST videos I have ever soon, and one of the worst songs I've ever heard. I can't believe I even have that album. The video is so increidibly stupid, how can 3 people in a band agree to such a piece of crap? I almost choked. This should ruin Creed, hopefully.

And the last time I checked, scott Stapp was buff but he wasn't flipping Mr. Universe like they have him animated in the video...

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by Hawk269:
Garibaldo, please, you forgot that there is a difference between U2 doing a video like Elevation and Creed doing a video like Bullets. U2 know that they are messing around when they are playing superheroes and villains. It is all in good fun. When Creed does it, you get the feeling that they are stroking their egos by doing the video. Stapp comes off as believing he is the next great rock star, where as Bono just does it naturally. THAT is the difference. It is a matter of being rock legends versus trying to play the part.

AJ

Hear, Hear!

AJ-- for the few times you actually do show up over here you make perfect sense.

And really what was up with that bunny in Stuck...? I think what we need to do is kill that Joseph Kahn guy. Could you imagine him doing a Creed video? THAT would be a sign of the apocalypse.

Originally posted by Hawk269:
Garibaldo, please, you forgot that there is a difference between U2 doing a video like Elevation and Creed doing a video like Bullets. U2 know that they are messing around when they are playing superheroes and villains. It is all in good fun. When Creed does it, you get the feeling that they are stroking their egos by doing the video. Stapp comes off as believing he is the next great rock star, where as Bono just does it naturally. THAT is the difference. It is a matter of being rock legends versus trying to play the part.

AJ

The only difference is that you're a U2 fan and you're biased towards U2. Bono is probably one of the most arrogant rock stars on Earth and he knows it. In fact, he revels in it. The fans I know who have met him can attest to this and all of his ridiculous rantings about U2 being the best band in the world is proof enough. You don't like Creed, so Strapp comes off as arrogant. You like U2, so Bono doesn't.

Joseph Kahn is really the worst video director ever, none of his videos have any substance. They just follow whatever is trendy at the moment.

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
Joseph Kahn is really the worst video director ever, none of his videos have any substance. They just follow whatever is trendy at the moment.

Two words: PINK BUNNY. I can't begin to imagine where the idea for this brilliant piece of symbolism came from. Perhaps from the "happy place"?
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Two words: PINK BUNNY. I can't begin to imagine where the idea for this brilliant piece of symbolism came from. Perhaps from the "happy place"?
rolleyes.gif

LOL! I agree that the Elevation and American Stuck videos are pretty lame, but that Creed one is just ridiculous. Scott Stapp as an angel fighting weird giant bug things is just too bizarre for me. Like Humbucker said, if they're going to do computer animation like that they should try to make it entertaining like the Chili Peppers' Californication video. Korn's "Freak on a Leash" had excellent computer graphics as well.

I love reading off topic posts that don't really have anything to do with U2 in EYKIW section.

With that said you Creed fans should thank garibaldo for U2-ifying this thread b/c it would have been moved to Lemonade Stand otherwise? Right?

Let me add that "Elevation" and the 2nd "Stuck in a Moment" video sucked arse or at their best were embarassing.

Joseph Kahn's only good videos that I've seen (that I can think of) are the "Thong Song" and "South Side." Also Faith Hill's video is great but I attribute its greatness to the hotness of Faith moreso then Kahn's skills.

Creedilicious...

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

[This message has been edited by Flying FuManchu (edited 03-26-2002).]

Stop wasting your time by taking shots at Creed. By taking shots at Creed, you are playing right into their hands. They want you to talk about them; good or bad publicity is still PUBLICITY!

And besides, I think Creed is very much like U2(just not nearly as creative) in the late 80's. Pious, religious, serious---can an irony-filled album be just around the corner?

In fact, I think Creeds success kind of hurts U2's credibility. People will think that if Creed can be hugely successful with some hooks and lyrics and they are copying U2, maybe many bands can do it.

I realize many bands have tried and are still trying to copy U2's success and style and havent matched it, but you must take note.

B4 you all defend U2, remember, I am not taking a shot at them. I love them and acknowledge that Creed is not and probably will not ever be at their calaber. I am just making a point.

Originally posted by Flying FuManchu:

the 2nd "Stuck in a Moment" video sucked arse

I'd have to agree. I've seen clips of the European video, it has potential to be one of their best. The Americanized, TRL friendly version that bombed here was definitely one of their worst. No doubt about it.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

I haven't seen the video yet...but all I gotta say is...my new guitar teacher has a picture of Tremont (is that the guitarist) with the word "idiot" and an arrow pointing to him...and then he went on a five minute rant about how the guy is crap and is so arrogent and full of himself...

"And besides, I think Creed is very much like U2(just not nearly as creative) in the late 80's. Pious, religious, serious---can an irony-filled album be just around the corner?"

Except it's that "creative" bit that makes all the difference in the world and makes all the comparison between U2 and Creed pretty pointless.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom