The Best Elevation Setlist Ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
oh man!

axver showed told me about this one about 2 minutes ago, and i'm blown away!

the setlist is self explanitor-ily AWESOME!!

05/16/2001 United Center - Chicago

Elevation, The Fly, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Mysterious Ways / Sexual Healing (snippet), One / Wake Up Dead Man (snippet), Until the End of the World, New Year`s Day, Stuck in a Moment, Kite, New York, I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Sweetest Thing, Angel of Harlem, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, All I Want Is You, Where the Streets Have No Name, Pride (In the Name of Love)

encore: Bullet the Blue Sky / Young Americans (snippet), With or Without You, Beautiful Day, I Remember You, Walk On

(U2setlists.com)

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

yes. i have this bootleg and it kicks ass, even though the crowd noise is a little too present.

it was great to see them pay homage to ZooTV.

when they're playing the intro the fly, you can hear someone say "what the hell? they're playing the fly!"

then during the intro to one, this guys says "whats goin' on? this is nuts!"

Last edited:
That's one of the coolest setlists from that tour. I love it how they did vary the setlists up and I hope they do it again. Popmart and ZooTV were really boring on the setlist front ...

The St.Louis show several months after was a good one too, although I don't think it was that unique.

Elevation
Beautiful Day
Until The End Of The World
New Years Day
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Kite
Angel Of Harlem
Knocking On Heaven's Door (Bono And Edge With Fans On Guitar And Piano)
Please (Bono And Edge)
Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
-----------
Bullet The Blue Sky
What's Going On
New York
-----------
One
Walk On (Introduced By Peace On Earth)

Last edited:
As good as that is, it needs a gloria, an cat dubh or out of control, than it would be classic

I hate all the setlists from the 3rd leg. I mean, they throw out Mysterious Ways and The Fly - most rocking and best songs from the Elevation tour! And just when With or Without You started to get interesting, with the Shine Like Stars verse, it was dumped. Anyway, beside that Chicago setlist, my favorite is also from the Boston 4 show:

Elevation
Pride
Until the End of the World
The Fly
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Stuck in a Moment
Kite
Gone
New York
Out of Control
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Desire(with a Gloria snippet - Gloria from October)
Party Girl(first time after eight years)
Stay(Faraway, So Close!)
Bad
Where the Streets Have No Name
Beautiful Day
Bullet the Blue Sky(with the Mark Chapman rap)
With or Without You
One
She's a Mystery To Me
Walk On

I was at all of the Chicago shows during the Elevation Tour and when they started playing The Fly after Elevation and then EBTTRT, my friends and I all looked at each other and were like..."It's Zoo TV!"

Ahh memories...

edgette, thats so cool!

man...if i get to see them live, i wanna go, "hey, its Lovetown!" or "hey, its Boy!" or "hey, its Joshua Tree" after the first few songs!

Very cool!

I about fainted when they played Slow Dancing on Halloween 2001. That was pretty amazing.

All this makes me really excited to see what they play next year!

Edgette, remember at the Chicago show before they played Stuck...... how we all thought, "Numb is next!!!" as Bono went off stage for a moment and Edge just stood there with no guitar.

Good times indeed.

although the bootleg is not up to 'elevation standards'....i love this set:
November 7th 2001 - Denver (i think!!?)

Elevation
Beautiful Day
Until The End OF THe World
New Years Day
Out Of Control
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Stuck In A moment
Kite
Wild Honey
All Along The Watchtower (Full Band + Someone on stage)
Please
All I Want Is You
Streets
Still Havent Found...
Pride
----
Bullet
Whats Goin On?
New York
--
One
All Along The Watchtower (bono accoustic)
Walk On

also really love Baltimore October 19th..
Please (Full Band!!) / Streets.

Chicago May 15th is also really good...
Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until The End Of The World, Discotheque, Staring at the Sun, New York, Stuck In A moment, Kite, 11 O'Clock tick Tock, Out Of Control, Sunday Bloody Sunday,In A Little While, Desire, Stay (Faraway So Close!), Bad, Streets, Mysterious Ways, The Fly, Bullet, With Or Without You, Pride, One, Walk On.

Back
Top Bottom