the best bang for your seven bucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Groovy

Babyface
i just got the exclusive U2 7 CD from Target and it is worth the $6.99 that i paid. This CD is only sold at Target (hence, the "exclusive" tag).
(besides the cool tracks, the CD cover has a great shot of the band-----and Bono's not the one with the shades in the pic!)

Track Listing:

1) Summer Rain
2) Always
3) Big Girls Are Best
4) Beautiful Day (Quincey and Sonance Remix)
5) Elevation (Influx Remix)
6) Walk On (Single Version)
7) Stuck in a Moment (acoustic)

Has anyone else listened to this CD?

[This message has been edited by Groovy (edited 03-06-2002).]

I think the vast majority of us have heard it and/or own it or have downloaded it.

I have a copy...it's what I listened to in my car this morning.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:

Me too, and Me too!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Yep, very well invested $7!
smile.gif

Walk On alone gives you your money back.

I listened to it last night.

Great CD.

What is the history behind the first three tracks? Have been previously realeased? Played live? etc....

As previously stated in other forums, I am a posting nightmare.

( <- thinks 1/4 of these were accidental double posts)

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 03-06-2002).]

The first three tracks are B-sides from ATYCLB singles. "Always" is really a working version of BD.

I have bought seven copies so far and sent them to out-of-USA interferencers. Tis a great lil' disc.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bonochick:

I've been listening to it in the car too! My 23 month old son sings "Ya Ya Ya" with Bono during "Big Girls Are Best".

I love the lyrics in "Always"!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:

I have bought seven copies so far and sent them to out-of-USA interferencers. Tis a great lil' disc.
biggrin.gif

I am one of those Lucky 7.Its fantatastic.Always sounds so muhc better on this CD,its one of their better moments captured.A free, relaxed U2,playng very tightly.

I'm sorry, I read the title 'the best bang for your seven bucks' and had dirty thoughts.

------------------
Children by the millions sing for Alex Chilton

'Always ' reminds me to buckle my safety belt
wink.gif

'Stuck' usuallyu plays when I'm "stuck" in traffic.

'Big Girls..' usually plays when I head to the nudie bar
wink.gif

I better stop now
smile.gif

I love Summer Rain. I think that should have gone on ATYCLB. When I made a copy of the ATYCLB for my car I had Summer Rain replace Wild Honey.

Originally posted by Roland of Gilead:
LOL@BostonAnne!!!

My 18-month old daughter has nailed the "Wooo Hooo"s of Elevation Influx!
Thank God for the 5-point harness car seat. I really think she could hit the car ceiling during this song if she wasn't strapped in.
biggrin.gif

That is so cute!! :)

LOL@BostonAnne!!!

My 18-month old daughter has nailed the "Wooo Hooo"s of Elevation Influx!
Thank God for the 5-point harness car seat. I really think she could hit the car ceiling during this song if she wasn't strapped in.
biggrin.gif

try singing Beautiful Day when playing "Always"... it's a blast! i noticed the same chord progressions when i first heard the CD without knowing it was a working version of the song.......... the chorus was so obvious! my love (who was in the car with me) found it rather funny too.... maybe cause i was singing the chorus to her.... :)

Elevation (Influx Remix) rocks!!! It brings back that magical moment during the Elevation shows when the band starts coming out on stage.
wink.gif

I've bought extra copies of this to send to peeps in Europe.
wink.gif

Originally posted by ABEL:
Hey GROOVY!

Where ya been?

*hugs*
ABEL

hey Abel... i took a break for some real life roadtrips and got some wild honey along the way... it's been an interesting few months.... :) i might get online chatting again but it might be the middle of this year before it happens... i'll just tell the folks that i had to go away to dream it all up again ;-) heh heh heh...
i'm sure they'll know what i mean.... :p
thanks for dropping me a note here... it's nice to hear from ya.... how are you doing?
have you been distributing U2 7 to all your pals from overseas? LOL

Back
Top Bottom