The band does not mind if you post Vertigo.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elvis, did you download the 10 sec. clip yet?

it's in "check this out" thread!

*waits at mailbox for cookie crumbs.

i have class all day tomorrow. my instructors are going to think i have ADD or something.

maybe i'll go drunk.....

You want to know what I've done in the last 6 hours? A mail merge of ab out 50 documents, some minutes from a meeting, some accounts reconciliation, and um....interference.

lots of interference. and bugging radio stations.

hey at least if i get sacked i'll have time to hang out on here being like an 8 yo on xmas eve!

mikal said:
it's a good thing i can admit that i'm an asshole, lol!

really, though, it's like an 8 year old on X-Mas Eve, i'm going nuts, i smoked over a pack of cigs today, my lungs hurt now.

I would compare it to a young teen needing to have sex for the first time....everything puts you on edge and just about everything that moves is a "possibility"

i'm going insane trying to plan tomorrow - i have to work tomorrow evenign and i cannot find a single computer around me with a sound card so i can tune into dave fannings show on the internet and hear vertigo.
its ridiculous, i work for a film company for craps sake, how can there not be a computer with a media player and sound on it!!!
:banghead: :crazy: :banghead:

i'm thinking of pulling a sicky, but that would be a bit extreme woudlnt it
"hi, sorry i cant come into work today but if i do i'll miss the debut of Vertigo, hope you dont mind!"
:eeklaugh:

A lot of people will be sick tomorrow, I think. Just phone up and tell your work "sorry, I can't come in today, I have Vertigo in so many ways it's not funny."

Axver said:
A lot of people will be sick tomorrow, I think. Just phone up and tell your work "sorry, I can't come in today, I have Vertigo in so many ways it's not funny."

good one! i might might might just try that...!

It cracks me up how everyone is soooooo impatient. I've been a longtime fan for 16 years and I also cant wait to hear the new song, but why go to all these lenghths and arguments, bickering and frustration trying to find it, post it, host it, risk getting in trouble etc :blahblah: Sooner than you think its going to be on the radio everywhere, every day, every hour and then you'll all be complaining that its being over played and you're sick of it :lol:

Sicy said:
It cracks me up how everyone is soooooo impatient. I've been a longtime fan for 16 years and I also cant wait to hear the new song, but why go to all these lenghths and arguments, bickering and frustration trying to find it, post it, host it, risk getting in trouble etc :blahblah: Sooner than you think its going to be on the radio everywhere, every day, every hour and then you'll all be complaining that its being over played and you're sick of it :lol:

Because we love it.

HelloAngel said:
The truth is - that irregardless if you agree/disagree with what ideas some people are putting forth, the least we can do is be nice about it.

If nothing constructive can come of this thread, I will close it and we will all have to move on.

Okay, I'll insert something somewhat *constructive*

"Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so."

:)

Thanks for that. Grammatical errors bother me (I'm a copy editor), but hate to say anything on message boards, because I'd hate to upset anyone, and because of the plethora of bad grammar online, it's hardly worth it, it seems.

Gee, thanks guys. That certainly was constructive. Are you going to correct everyone's grammar or just mine when I'm trying to make peace?

haha, sorry, wasn't meant to offend anyone.

I didn't feel like complaining about people complaining about people complaining...

The use of that word came up in a conversation the other day and it just reminded me of that.

I, personally, appreciate corrections but I guess not everyone does - sorry!

It wasn't U2-related at all but we're all entitled to that once in a while...I think...

Last edited:
ladywithspinninghead said:
haha, sorry, wasn't meant to offend anyone.

I didn't feel like complaining about people complaining about people complaining...

The use of that word came up in a conversation the other day and it just reminded me of that.

I, personally, appreciate corrections but I guess not everyone does - sorry!

It wasn't U2-related at all but we're all entitled to that once in a while...I think...

No problem.

But if I can tell you something writer to writer --

Grammatical corrections are fine if we're speaking within the context of a story or article. If we're engaged in very informal conversation on a message board like this one, it will be seen as a random criticism that can and will be taken personally.

If we were speaking on the phone or face to face in a more direct dialog with each other, that would be fine too. I can take corrections, lord knows I deserve them, but when they are random, they do bite.

Point taken. :)

By the way, I'm not a writer by any means (unless this is directed at the person who wrote above!) - I'm striving to improve my writing and I guess that's why I always welcome corrections.

But I suppose I should go to a different forum altogether for that!

Anyhow, um, Vertigo, Atomic Bombs, ..where were we?!?

Last edited:
mikal said:
it's a good thing i can admit that i'm an asshole, lol!

Don't be too hard on yourself, mikal. :)
I enjoy your posts, and you seem like a decent sort most of the time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom