The band does not mind if you post Vertigo.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i sympathize with the dalkey fella 'cause no one believes me when i tell 'em that i'm batman

Bruce Wayne is that you?!?!?!

And great to see Convoy back, too! Uh, but bad idea calling for a ban on Dalkey Beach. He/She may be the real deal, or he/she may be a complete lie, but until it's all out in the open these sort of threads aren't hurting anyone......are they?

The truth is - that irregardless if you agree/disagree with what ideas some people are putting forth, the least we can do is be nice about it. He/She might very well know what they're talking about - but if you don't believe them, that's fine - but at least be nice about it. Hell, I've had "info" before that I wanted to share yet couldn't reveal how or why I knew it, you know? That doesn't mean I deserve to be in the doghouse or incur wrath.

I realize we're all jumpy and excited waiting for the new album, but if we start turning on each other or new posters we don't know very well, then that is just unfortunate and unnecessary at this point. No rules have been broken, no banning is necessary at this juncture.

If nothing constructive can come of this thread, I will close it and we will all have to move on.

I think nerves are a little strained with the single finally being released to radio - and no news this week except for a trash can getting beat up (but what a great little tidbit! slight shift from "political bono" to "rock star bono" - whip trash can arse!). U2 has clamped down like never before (or at least since I've been following new album releases AB on) - we need a friggin' bone (offical friggin' bone)

and Headache - always thought you were batman - never a doubt in my mind

:feelsoldsmiley:

I remember the days when you had to wait on a fanzine to come in the MAIL to get any info on what was going on with the new ALBUM.

The past four years feels like a blink of an eye to me, seriously! With the internet U2 can be a part of your everyday life. It feels like yesterday that I downloaded the first small clip of Beautiful Day.

:wave:

EPandAmerica said:
:feelsoldsmiley:

I remember the days when you had to wait on a fanzine to come in the MAIL to get any info on what was going on with the new ALBUM.

Me too :uhoh:

personally, i think if dalkey is for real, he or she expected, upon signing up and revealing information, to be called or considered a fake, and is a big boy or girl and can take the criticism.

as much as i'd love to think we live in a nice world, we don't, and pretending to is very naive.

Naive about music, does it really matter? Its not like hes selling shares in the opera house.

Dalkey has always been friendly regardless of whomever he is/isnt.

I'm tired of the 'big boy can accept criticism' shit. That's what people always say when the diss Bono. It's still not cool or nice :down: and they do have feelings, and tempers! :yes:

Just because the world isn't nice doesn't mean you have to join in on the bad side:|

I think this person could be connected to the band. Won't you rude ones feel like jerks if it turns out to be true?;)

U2Kitten said:
I'm tired of the 'big boy can accept criticism' shit. That's what people always say when the diss Bono. It's still not cool or nice :down: and they do have feelings, and tempers! :yes:

Just because the world isn't nice doesn't mean you have to join in on the bad side:|
Well said! :up:

That same kind of "can accept criticsm" mentality is what often makes FYM such an unpleasant forum to visit.

Layton said:
Dalkey Beach is Jimmy Iovine!!!

I was thinking Neil McCormick myself.
One thing's for sure, the mods and Elvis sure seem to post a lot more frequently when s/he's around...

U2dork said:

I was thinking Neil McCormick myself.
One thing's for sure, the mods and Elvis sure seem to post a lot more frequently when s/he's around...

I know what you mean. For awhile there some of the mods were openly questioning Dalkey's assertions (i.e. Angela Harlem). Then all of a sudden it's all cool with this person posting here. I think it's somebody more internally connected than McCormick.

as pointed out whoever this Dalkey person is has been nothing bu kind, even when other people have not shown the same gratitude in return... We all use alter egos on here for a reason I suppose ( excpet for me who is just not creative enough to come up with one). This could be my uncle joe in ohio for all any of us really know, but whoever it is isn't it better to give them the respect you would give anyone else on here regardles of who you might think they are.. in the end if it were ever to be someone associated with the band they are not going to come out and say it.. I can be as hot headed as the next as I'm sure some know but we all know give someone respect and they will show you the same in return.. even if it comes to being no one at all..

so I have to second beli comment does it really matter .. but too can we please all move on.. all this guessing is not really getting anyone anywhere.

and if it is my uncle joe.. i've been waiting years for the pony you promised me.. thanks..

as for posting alot.. I post everywhere these days.. it comes from boredom and lack of sleep actually

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

and i didn't say that you must turn to the darkside. my point is that if you live your life thinking everyone is nice, you're going to get the crap beat out of you.

it's all about adaptation. that's where i'm coming from.

i personally haven't said anything mean or rude to Dalkey. i'm just being realistic about the situation.

Would I feel like a jerk if it ended being some really close to the band? Nope.

I'll tell you why: I am not callous, just frustrated: someone is showing up here, making all these claims, taking advantage of the anxiety of everybody here. He/she should know damn well that people are going to take their words with a grain of salt, and yes, become even upset with them. This is completely rational.

Am I skeptical? Yes. Am I sure he/she is a fake? Of course not. I just find it really difficult to believe all this.

Last edited:
beli said:

.... and you're going to meet some nice people along the way. :)

of course you will. but that won't always be the case. my friend lives like that and i see him get screwed over again and again. street smarts is definitely underrated.

Back
Top Bottom