The ballads on this album are what U2 has been missing for years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I think that all the ballads on this album are definatly better then anything theyve put out in years especially for the potential impact on the album sales as a whole.....I mean ATYCLB's big ballad was Stuck In A Moment, and that song still doesnt do it for me to this day.....POP had Velvet Dress but that was stuck way on the back of the album and only the U2 hardcore fan would even know what that song is.....

But this album....great stuff
Sometimes you cant make it on your own
A man and a woman
One Step closer
Original of the species

all amazing with repeated listening....and I am sure 2 of those 4 will be singles which is why I think this album is going to dominate more then any U2 record in recent history including All That You Cant Leave Behind.

Specially Sometimes you can't make it on your own. U2 haven't been this emotional since One.

I was having problems to get into Original of the Species but now I like it. I still prefer the rest of the songs but now I can really listen to it.

Aardvark747 said:
The small part of the live Apple version of OOTS that ive heard, sent shivers down my spine! Hope the album version continues to do that!:drool:

Oh don't worry, it will! OOTS is my favorite song on the album. It's beautiful, and very emotional. It has some strong competition though... the entire album is unbelievably strong.

Yeah...cheers Gorman for giving me all that temptation!!:wink:

Tyagu:- Im sure ill love Crumbs. I have a mate who's nickname is that, and he's certain it will replace '....Tick Tick' as his fave U2 track!

Tyagu - smilies are good! :yes:

There is nothing wrong with them - they are simple accents to highlight your point or the way you're feeling.

But watch out, so that you don't get criticized for using too many of them. :lol:

And I completely agree - I finally heard the album last night listening to the WXRT stream and was overwhelmed by it.

The songs ARE big and glorious and full of TRUE EMOTION. They are sung SO SINCERELY by the B-man it almost brought me to tears. And this is from a U2 follower of almost 24 years.:hug:

And I also like the civility of this thread - I wish they all were as pleasant to read.

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :love:

The ballads are so full of emotion. When Bono sings you really listen. I can't wait to hear "Sometimes...." live on the next tour. Its gonna bring out alot of tears from the crowd.

I heard the album on the radio yesterday--Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own--:( Started crying right there in my car on the way home. A Man & A Woman :drool:

Yep, Sometimes will hopefully be a very intimate time even in front of 60,000 people btw smilies will one day replace typed words..............:madspit:

I just cant get over how good this album is, definatly surpased all my expectations.

I've always considered Kite a ballad.

Aardvark: Gorman's not kidding. OotS is also my favorite off of the album. If you like that little snippet, the original is a few degrees better. It's just put together well.

Kite is a ballad too I agree with you there forgot about that one but again it wasnt released as a single so I dont think it had much baring on album sales....I think the tracks on this album will...having said that I feel these tracks are even better then Kite....at least Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own...and Original Of The Species.

I think "Kite" would've made a way better single than "Stuck..." I think most people would agree with that. :hmm:

Macfistowannabe said:
I think "Kite" would've made a way better single than "Stuck..." I think most people would agree with that. :hmm:

no. stuck appealed more to the masses than kite would have. kite is easily a better song, but stuck had more mass appeal in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom