The awesomness that is Bullet/Please/Streets (PopMart Video/Hasta La Vista, Baby)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Since this is the only recording (Hasta La Vista, Baby) I have of PopMart on CD, it's the only one I can base my opinion off of -

The concert as a whole is fantastic, but....

Bullet/Please/Streets combination is just insanely sick.

The hardcore rockin' Bullet, to the heartfelt Please to the beautiful transition into Streets is just fantastic.

I prefer the Please/Streets version of the b-sides of the Please single, but the combination of those three songs does not get the justice it deserves by what I say.

The Mexico video contains one of the best "another song float inot Streets" ever. He put such a passion and feeling when he sings in falsetto, and talks in a very low voice: please, please... and then the Street guitar starts. :) Wow

Last edited:
gman said:
I think I got the bootleg of this concert. Is it the one where Larrys drum die at the start of NYD?

yup, that's it, one of the best Popmart versions of NYD...

shart1780 said:
I always thought NYD was kind of boring, but on popmart it was great. Remember it oin the Mexico city DVD??

The version on NYD from the VHS recording of the Mexico show is weak compare to the soundboard bootleg version of the song, you can hear Bono much stronger and also they hasnt cut out the screwed beginning of the song when Larry drops his drumstick :)

I upload this one in a hour :)

Like you U2Fan101 , Hasta is my only show from Popmart .
I think the entire show is amazing , the ebb and flow is spot on ...Bono gets flack for his voice on this show but I love his voice
Popmart Mexico :drool:
WOWY , oh yeah , oh yeah , oh yeah !

Peterrrrr said:

The version on NYD from the VHS recording of the Mexico show is weak compare to the soundboard bootleg version of the song, you can hear Bono much stronger and also they hasnt cut out the screwed beginning of the song when Larry drops his drumstick :)

do we need to leave our email peterrrr ?
the soundboard from this , offical or not offical ? it's not Hasta . :scratch:

Peterrrrr said:

www. send space .com/file/0vdpdf

Remembering this transition to Streets reminds me just how lame the Vertigo tour rendition of streets was, not only in the lame Bono-as-zulu chanting, not only in the no-red-intro, not only in the no-floodlights-at-the-start, but the Pride transition is their worst ever. Awkward and clumsy to say the least. Lame.

Peterrrrr said:

i have the recording from a show in France........i think, have to check, but entire bands performance totally blows Mexico City out the water.

Peterrrrr said:

For the most part thats the one i meant.

Its extremely cool how the drums and bass start and then stop, leaving the piano playing alone.:drool:

What really shines is Edge's solo , Listen how it sounds way louder , and stronger than all the others , the 1st part , it's screaming

I've never heard NYD's solo sound better

I happen to love the live version of "With or Without You".......
"Turn the lights off for me, please. Lights Off! Happy Christmas, Mexico City...Oh Yeh, Oh yeh... Come on, Come on, Come on...."
Very nice touch to this songs ending. One of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom