The album seems to be still progressing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Galeongirl said:
Let me guess, Alanis MOrissette. Since she has a song titled Ironic?

Don't recognize her, simply using logic here...

Ironic is one of my least favorite songs ever.

It's almost Interference-meme status at this point!

Yeah, but aren't you the only one bringing them up?

It's just so random, like bringing up some band the rest of us barely remember ever existed (because that's what you're doing.) It's absurd - perhaps even in the best comedic sense... But if you don't know, you are talking about what most of us consider a niche band who we've heard of, but couldn't name more than two songs by, and have certainly never been moved to buy anything of.

I brought up Aha. Aha is higher in the pantheon for the rest of us. They were a one hit wonder, and we consider that more important than Rush.

Sorry! :reject:

The moderators must be too smart to venture into this wasteland. :wink:

As for U2, they may already be finished with the album and just need to decide when they'd like to tour again. I hope they don't get cold feet about releasing their new songs in the meantime.

rushlimbaugh.jpg

Yeah, but aren't you the only one bringing them up?

It's just so random, like bringing up some band the rest of us barely remember ever existed (because that's what you're doing.) It's absurd - perhaps even in the best comedic sense... But if you don't know, you are talking about what most of us consider a niche band who we've heard of, but couldn't name more than two songs by, and have certainly never been moved to buy anything of.

I brought up Aha. Aha is higher in the pantheon for the rest of us. They were a one hit wonder, and we consider that more important than Rush.

Sorry! :reject:

I didn't bring the subject of Rush up! Like I said, I didn't say anything initially except roll my eyes at what I knew would come next..

The world doesn't revolve around the very small number of people who post on Interference...so I hate to burst your notion of "most of us"...speaking of niches! :lmao: The reality is, however, that most Interferencers (especially the ones who dont spend thousands of posts in EYKIW), can probably name more than 2 Rush songs..that's a stretch, sorry.

I like Take On Me better than probably 95% of the Rush songs I like. So what?

Sorry, have to return from the Rush forums to dispense a few much-needed facts here. Once again, people can't separate their dislike of a certain kind of music from the facts.

Rush isn't a "niche" band historically, and comparing them in any way to a one hit wonder band like Aha is frankly, well, ignorant. As is dismissing them as a "Canadian band." Rush has a huge world wide following, and if you think only Canadians care about them you don't know WTF you're talking about. Rush is no more a Canadian provincial band than U2 is an Irish one.

Rush is one of the most successful recording acts of all time. The have 24 gold and 14 platinum records, and sales wise are only behind the Beatles and Stones in most consecutive gold or platinum records. They've sold 40 million records world-wide and for decades have received heavy airplay on AOR stations. They continue to play to sell out audiences in world tours and are one of the most successful touring bands of all time. They recently had released a well-received, #1 selling record. They've been incredibly influential to countless new bands, and have created some of the most iconic songs and albums in rock history. Like U2, they've had the same lineup since almost the beginning (Peart came in on the second record), remain close friends, and have avoided some of the ego and drug cliche's that plague most rock bands. Are they as commercially successful as U2? No, of course not, few bands are. But so what.

Moreover, no one who knows the first thing about music would say that as musicians, the members of Rush, particularly Peart and Lee, aren't at the elite...i.e. among the best if not the best, at their respective instruments. And any member of Rush has forgotten more about playing than U2 ever knew (Lees vocals excepted). Not that Rush produces better music than U2, they don't, U2 is a classic case of the whole being better than the sum of its parts. But with regards to technical proficiency, it's not even close.

Yeah, they are definitely not for everyone. If you think they suck, no worries. Lots of people think they suck. Lots of people think U2 sucks. But if you've been listening to rock music since the 80's or 90's and have never heard a Rush song or think they're somehow not as important to Aha you don't have nearly the exposure to music you may think you've had.

You mean "barely remember" and "can't name 2 songs?"

Again, hate to break your bubble but no you are not accurately speaking for the community. I'd put money on it, in fact.

So far we seem to have two people on this thread who care about The Rush, you and one other who suddenly rushed in with an encyclopedia of data on them. (Almost like they were summoned?) If we go by this thread, then no, not a lot of people here can name two of their songs. Most of us barely remember them. You're not going to find a lot of fans of The Rush among Interference members.

So far we seem to have two people on this thread who care about The Rush, you and one other who suddenly rushed in with an encyclopedia of data on them. (Almost like they were summoned?) If we go by this thread, then no, not a lot of people here can name two of their songs. Most of us barely remember them. You're not going to find a lot of fans of The Rush among Interference members.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom