The Adam Clayton Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sevikins said:
Adam, the man who is the only one that can pluck the Desire bassline like he can. :up:

That and he looked hawt during the JT era. :drool:
He was so fine then!!!!:adam: Before he was the Silver Fox , I used to call him Professor Sexy, back in the JT days!!!!:drool:

Last edited:
Listen to City of Blinding Lights.
This is one of the best bass players of his generation.
And I thought for years he was the weak link... Pop and Atomic Bomb proved the opposite.

Carmelu2fan said:

YES YES!!!! AMEN!!!! Gotta love that big blonde afro!!!:p :love: :giggle:

:up:

Somebody should post a nice photo of Afro Adam in this thread. I am counting on you Pleba girls to deliver the goods :wink:

Palace_Hero said:
I really don't rate Adam. I appreciate his position in U2 and realise he is a sacrifice we have all had to make for the band we love. But I don't like the man at all, he is one of those strange fellows who I imagine smelling slightly off.

:lol: What leads you to this conclusion, please?

853ca556.jpg

Cool pics of the Afro

A bit off topic, but either Adam liked Martin Gores ( Depeche Mode ) Afro, or it was the other way around.

Exhibit A: Adam Afro

Adamafro.jpg

Exhibit B: Martin Gore Afro

Martin14.jpg

Or it was none of the above

beli said:

:lol: What leads you to this conclusion, please?

853ca556.jpg

His appearance and personality.

He's always looked relatively strange and he has this calm sort of smugness that unnerves me.

To be honest the core of it all is firstly that my Mum always disliked him and secondly that he reminds me of an alcoholic deadbeat I once knew.

beli said:
cbca8475.jpg

Here's Adam in an outfit Martin Gore would be proud to own :love:

Yep,, Martin Gore would never take that outfit off if he got his hands on it.

Adam leads 2 - 1 against Martin for pulling off the fishnet thingy.

Adam is just cool beyond cool. He's one of the neatest individuals around and a wonderful human being. I practically melt when I've seen upclose in concert and have nothing but good thoughts about when I see him in pictures, videos, interviews, etc. Him being five to seven feet in front of me at a concert in Chicago and smilling in my direction in Minneapolis are two of my favorite memories.

City Of Blinding Lights...have a listen to the bass work on that...:drool:

Anyway, I'm quite afraid to type this, but I think I have had Adam and Larry mixed up for quite some time.

On the cover for HTDAAB, from left-to-right, this is what I thought their names were - The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr, Bono, Adam Clayton. Is this right or have I had it wrong for ages?

lol. Its

The Edge, Adam, Bono, Larry.

Thats okay. Even the media get Adam and Larry mixed up. Larry is the pretty drummer with greasy hair. Adam is the gorgeous, charming, well dressed, witty specimen of a gentleman bassplayer. :drool:

COBL_04 said:
City Of Blinding Lights...have a listen to the bass work on that...:drool:

Anyway, I'm quite afraid to type this, but I think I have had Adam and Larry mixed up for quite some time.

On the cover for HTDAAB, from left-to-right, this is what I thought their names were - The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr, Bono, Adam Clayton. Is this right or have I had it wrong for ages?

Well at least you know their names, some bands don't even get that.

I know some people are sick of hearing about Coldplay, but those guys, it's usually, Christ Martin, and those other 3 guys.

Adam is the one usually to your right in concert photos, (unless he decides to take a stroll).

Thank you Beli :wave: Those Adam(afro)pics are:drool: So Damn hot!!!!:combust: He looks so slutty with taht net shirt on....I want that slut:drool:

Back
Top Bottom