The Achtung/Zoo-Era Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The greatest album ever made and it is great to see appreciation of tracks like Zoo Station and So Cruel. Was the best era in music the 90's, right thru to Pop, cos you also had The Bends and OK Computer which are also 2 of the finest albums ever made. Yep Achtung Baby thru to Pop was U2 creating their most exciting music, a band at its creative peak, never reached since. Compare it to now and there is no comparison, its like comparing Jimi Hendrix to Hank Marvin..........its just a different level!

:rockon:

You're honey child to a swarm of bees
Gonna blow right through you like a breeze

Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth
You act like you never had love and you want me to go without
Well it's... too late tonight
To drag the past out into the light
We're one, but we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other
One...

:drool:

You miss too much these days if you stop to think

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows
But my sorrows, they learned to swim
Surrounding me, going down on me
Spilling over the brim
Waves of regret and waves of joy
I reached out for the one I tried to destroy

:drool: :drool:

to be continued.........

Okay, if no one's gonna post, I'm gonna continue.... :wink:

Oh, the deeper I spin
Oh, the hunter will sin for your ivory skin
Took a drive in the dirty rain
To a place where the wind calls your name
Under the trees the river laughing at you and me
Hallelujah, heavens white rose
The doors you open
I just can't close
Don't turn around, don't turn around again

She wears my love like a see-through dress
Her lips say one thing
Her movements something else

Her heart is racing, you can't keep up
The night is bleeding like a cut
Between the horses of love and lust
We are trampled underfoot

:drool: :drool:

Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
All kill their inspiration and sing about their grief

Love...we shine like a burning star
We're falling from the sky...tonight

There's a lot of things, if I could I'd rearrange

:rockon: yeah, rock on!

Heartland's lyrics are better. :wink:

In fact, Heartland's better than everything from the Zoochtung era combined. :wink: :wink:

Who's gonna ride your wild horses?
Who's gonna drown in your blue sea?
Who's gonna fall at the foot of thee?

Who's gonna drown in your blue sea?
Who's gonna taste your saltwater kisses?
Who's gonna take the place of me?
Who's gonna tame the heart of thee?

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i know i've said it elsewhere, but everyone really needs to play nice. please? :wink:

Can I play sarcastically instead? :wink:

"Achthung Baby" is the greatest album ever.
"ZooTV" is the greatest tour ever.

Thank you very much. Close the thread.

Fine, fine, I'll end the Axver brand of sarcasm.

The ZooTVisms during The Fly were fun!

EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG
CONTRADICTION IS BALANCE
beLIEve

Closing this thread would mean that there's nothing left to say about the Zoo. How is that even possible?

no-no-no-no-no-no (said in the tone of the school secretary in Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

Night and Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i forgot to mention this before: achtung baby is the album that made me really like them. i bought that when it came out. at the very least, my aunt helped me love two of the best bands ever: U2 and inxs. :drool:

INXS is awesome. I still get nostalgic thinking about the Not Enough Time video.... Okay, okay, I'm not a Kick purist!

Zootlesque said:
INXS is awesome. I still get nostalgic thinking about the Not Enough Time video.... Okay, okay, I'm not a Kick purist!
me either, i think listen like thieves is their best album. most people who like kick probably only own kick. :mad:

underneath the colours is brilliant too :hmm:

haha... actually I only know the stuff that was on MTV during the 90s :reject: like not enough time, beautiful girl, the gift, make your peace, everything... and on and on. Of course I do own both Kick and Welcome to Wherever You Are.

And.... oh yeah, Achtung Baby rules! :rockon:

Zootlesque said:
Of course I do own both Kick and Welcome to Wherever You Are.
:shame: you should at least pick up full moon, dirty hearts!

:love: achtung baby. my favourite U2 album hands down, and definitely up there in terms of favourite albums by any artist. i'd say it's in my top five. i love zooropa too (one of my favourite restaurants here has it on their jukebox, i love playing zooropa, lemon, and daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car and watch people freak out) and that three letter word we're not supposed to mention in this thread. :wink:

holy trinity :drool: whoops sorry!

KhanadaRhodes said:

:shame: you should at least pick up full moon, dirty hearts!

I thought I heard bad stuff about that album. Sure, the video for the Gift was pretty cool. actually so was the one for Make your peace. Tell me, the album is a grossly underrated classic!!!!!!!!!!

KhanadaRhodes said:

that three letter word we're not supposed to mention in this thread. :wink:

what.... sex? :wink:

Token on-topic comment:

Achtung! Diese album ist sehr gut. Ich liebe der Zoo!!!

Zootlesque said:
I thought I heard bad stuff about that album. Sure, the video for the Gift was pretty cool. actually so was the one for Make your peace. Tell me, the album is a grossly underrated classic!!!!!!!!!!
i like it, those two songs pretty much sum up the theme of the album: it's a return to their pub rock roots (they'd toured for the entire year of 1981, plus they'd been playing live years before that). i really only like the first few tracks on the album - side a, if it were a vinyl. if i were to tell anyone to pick up one of their cds, i'd go with listen like thieves. given your musical tastes (i looked at your profile - good choices btw) i'd say you'd like listen like thieves and/or full moon, dirty hearts. they're both a bit more rock than the dance stuff they had out in the early 80s.

Zootlesque said:
what.... sex? :wink:

Token on-topic comment:

Achtung! Diese album ist sehr gut. Ich liebe der Zoo!!!
lol no...i meant pop

ja! es ist die besten album. ich wünsche, dass ich habe zoo tv im konzert gesagen.

Zootlesque said:
Wow, you know more german than me. sheise! :lol:
i took german for four years, i'm surprised i remember as much as i do! i never get to say more than the same three words over and over again (my favourite: arschloch) and i've not taken a class in three years.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i took german for four years, i'm surprised i remember as much as i do! i never get to say more than the same three words over and over again (my favourite: arschloch) and i've not taken a class in three years.

It's so hard to practice with other people here in the states. Not many germans around.... at least that's the case here in New Brunswick.

My favorite word is probably Zeitungen or Zigaretten. There's something about the letter Z. Or wait.... sussigkeiten, that's it!

Oh... und auch:

Ich mag der Songtexte 'Bleiben'. :love: Don't beat me up if I made any mistake. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom