the "Achtung mood"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullonEdge2

Refugee
A friend of mine told me that during Milwaukee Wave games they used to play Lady with the Spinning head during the lazer show before the game. He said it really wasn't much of a pump-up song. I said it was if you're in the "Achtung mood." For the life of him he doesn't understand this concept. I tried telling him that this type of mood is where you just want to yell Achtung! and then dance around like a fly. I even said the same type of mood is in Vertigo. He still fails to comprehend this mood. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I find in a lot of U2 songs, especially ones off Achtung Baby convey this energetic mood. Am I just crazy?

They play that song at the Edmonton Eskimos football games. Good ol' CFL.....and back on topic....I know that Achtung mood. In fact at school me and a friend ocasionally shout out ACHTUNG!

I'm crazy too :wink: I feel that in Achtung, excluding Zoo Station, So Cruel and Love is Blindness, the 3 songs I less like in AB. The other 9... :drool: :drool: :drool:

MacPhistoPT said:
I'm crazy too :wink: I feel that in Achtung, excluding Zoo Station, So Cruel and Love is Blindness, the 3 songs I less like in AB. The other 9... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yeah, but you don't feel it in Zoo Station? For me, that song is a good means of transportation to the Achtung mood. It's a great intro to Achtung Baby.

daygloeyes2 said:
I feel the Achtung mood with most of Achtung Baby and with HMTMKMKM.

Interesting..Is there a difference between an Achtung mood and a Pop mood? Or do you consider hmtmkmkm more of an Achtung song?

FullonEdge2 said:

Interesting..Is there a difference between an Achtung mood and a Pop mood? Or do you consider hmtmkmkm more of an Achtung song?

Even though it was released 4 years after AB, I consider it more of an Achtung song. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

I think the pop mood was more, well, pop(aren't I great with words?), and the achtung mood is more of a sexy one.

daygloeyes2 said:

Even though it was released 4 years after AB, I consider it more of an Achtung song. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

I think the pop mood was more, well, pop(aren't I great with words?), and the achtung mood is more of a sexy one.

I get it. There must be a difference: kind of dark and sexy vs. dark and flashy

daygloeyes2 said:

Exactly. And Achtung has alot more soul to it as well.

Thanks! For some reason I'm really amused by this.

So it's also: slick substance with soul expressionism vs. slick synthetic impressionism

Last edited:
FullonEdge2 said:

Thanks! For some reason I'm really amused by this.

So it's also: slick substance with soul expressionism vs. slick synthetic impressionism

Nevermind about this reply.

Last edited:
FullonEdge2 said:

Yeah, but you don't feel it in Zoo Station? For me, that song is a good means of transportation to the Achtung mood. It's a great intro to Achtung Baby.

yeah, Zoo Station is a good intro to AB but I don't like very much the distortion and the effects on Bono's voice. The same happens in Mofo and HMTMKMKM; cool songs, but have the same problems

btw, EBTTRT and MY are IMO the songs that better represent the achtung mood. Ultra-violet and The Fly also...

ultra-violet and the fly :drool: they are some of the main parts for my achtung mood
the achtung mood is indescribable for me. it just kicks in and takes me away!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom