The 3 Pilot Episodes Of ZooTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
As I was going through my collection of U2 stuff I have taped off of TV, I came upon those 3 pilot episodes of ZooTV that aired on MTV (I forget what year that was).

What did you guys think of this show? I remember that when I saw it, I couldn't see it becoming a regular show...I enjoyed it because it was something so different from anything I'd ever watched, but I figured it wouldn't be "mainstream" enough to be successful. I must confess though, I haven't watched these episodes in a long time, and I don't remember too many specifics about them.

Any other thoughts on these episodes?

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

um... if you can't remember specifics, why didn't you watch them again before posting?
smile.gif

Originally posted by bullet the blue sky:
um... if you can't remember specifics, why didn't you watch them again before posting?
smile.gif

I didn't watch them again because I didn't have time to sit through 3 hours of ZooTV stuff earlier (as I was at the forum, I was working on copying U2 videos for POP Whore, so I couldn't have it playing while I was here).

I just wanted other people's opinions on them. I don't think that I need to know specifics to just ask for some opinions.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I'm with ya, Bonochick.

I remember that show, and remembered thinking that it was a direct result of some sort of executive groupthink. Just another example of executives trying to translate something big in the music world, where adversity is swallowed easier, to the television (or silver screen) realm - where you have a visual picture of the message being presented.

Witness the box office bombs of Glitter and On the Line, or hell, just about any Madonna vehicle.

Just MHO, so no biggie. I could be totally offbase.
smile.gif

------------------
~~~All I got is a red guitar, some Boards and my youth.~~~

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 10-28-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom