The 12-song album is finished

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Karine from U2france.com was in Dublin:

"I did not have the chance to see them all arreter the week derniere BUT I heard 12 songs in all between Thursday and Saturday. They finished the album or will finish it incessament soon because they St left this morning Pr Eze. I await confirmation of a girlfriend fan who saw Dallas yesterday. You realize! They make work their techies Sunday:eek:) Faut to say that they have bump Saturday evening until A 11 H! In any case, the album should leave in Nov.. If you know a fan ds the surroundings of Nice, it is the moment to send it over there Pr to have news.

I can say to you that the songs St geniales, I will give you the story tomorrow.

PS: it is super comfortable, Masseratti!

I was using the google translator, so the translation isn't perfect.
So, it is very likely that album is finished(numerous sources confirmed this - check out U2eastlink.com) and that it has 12 songs.

Last edited:
Wow. This backs up a very similar news item we posted on Interference.com yesterday.

If you can have your friend contact me with particulars, that would be great.

I wouldn't doubt the fact that they have at least 12 songs pegged for this album. I suspect if they went for a more "rock based" sound that some songs might be shorter than normal. Thanks for the translation DJerdap!

My feeling is that the album will not be called Vertigo...

Did a google check as I typed in U2 vertigo and came up with a few sites with these names. Did you know that Vertigo/Polygram is a music label...

a thousand years...

Bono really needs a holiday home in the suburbs of London, then I could come over and listen to the songs, make suggestions and steer him away from the whole ATYCLB idea in general ;)

It's a bit worrying that someone who claims to have heard all the tracks hardly raves about them at all...surely if it was U2's 'third masterpiece' as many say the first few lines of that post would be made up of the french equivalent of OMIGOD WTF FCKNG AWESOME :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: (continued for hours)

obviously it's going to be ATYCLB 2 then :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Hey, man...don't. I was just cheering up.

u2 actully think's what they are doing is rock&roll because all bono listens to is beyonce and jams with THE COORS .
when was the last time u2 played with a real rock&roll band ......
think about it. bono has been exposed to pop music so the end result is u2 makes pop music. atyclb and the new 50 sec clip.all pop crap. and im sick of it!

To add another post for the "West Coast Club"....

I don't think it will be ATYCLB Part 2, only because U2 have never repeated themselves. However, I do feel they have reached a certain plateau in their career where they have "levelled" off as such, a place where they feel comfortable and in control of their music. This place isn't normally as condusive to discovery - as discovery usually requires one to walk somewhat precariously into the unknown. If this is the case, expect an album that's pleasing to the ears, but not terribly innovative. However, if "virtigo" as a concept is anything to go by, perhaps the band has created a beautiful sonic imbalance, a place where we the listeners feel as though we have to "hold on", a place where we are not sure as to where we're going - if U2 have pulled off this feet, namely knowing where they are while giving us the impression we do not, then they have truly become masters of their craft.

Or something like that. What was I saying?

A friend of mine has also heard the FULL album last Thursday night and he says its bloody fantastic!! They opend up the studio doors and played it at full blst for those fans that where still outside.

The bit about the MASARATI, they had a spin in Bono's new car last Thursday night and he played them some tracks in the car while driving them around!!

Bono's Tart said:
A friend of mine has also heard the FULL album last Thursday night and he says its bloody fantastic!! They opend up the studio doors and played it at full blst for those fans that where still outside.

The bit about the MASARATI, they had a spin in Bono's new car last Thursday night and he played them some tracks in the car while driving them around!!

bloody hell how lucky is your friend!!! :hyper: :drool:

shaun vox said:
if this album is not u2s best work then man i feel bad for them(even if they have alot of$$$)
why would that make you feel bad for them Shaun?
because they'll lose your undying love? :ohmy:

I think this album will be crushed by our HUGE expectations. All of us expect another Achtung. That won't happen. Shaun, while I do agree with you "beyonce and corrs" part - remember, U2 was on tour with Pixies and than they've published Zooropa(NOT a rock album). Or, they were on tour with Rage Against the Machine in 1997. Next was ATYCLB. Bono himself said that their new idol is the young garage band Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Who are very solid in my opinion.

all this talk about hearing the new album and riding in bono's maserati is making me jealous :mad:

i'm totally moving to dublin

So, Bono's Tart, can you get some more information on those 12 songs from your friend? How did they sound?

Yes I will he uses this forum as well and will be posting the full story on
www.u2chat.com

He gave Bono a load of stuff from our children that we all had with us(yes we took the kids!!) and he took a pic of Bono holding all the drawings and he said its great!!

I cant wait to see it!!:wink:

well, someone thought it was awesome, so that must be a good sign. But seriously, why are we judging the entire album when most of us have only sort of heard a garbled, crappy 50 second snippet of an alleged song?

people read too much into things, quotes, all that stuff....and I do as well. I dont know how the album will sound, but if it sounds like that 50 seconds I'll be happy. Its going to be a good album, I think a little like ATYCLB but in a different direction. u2 dont often repeat themselves, and Bono said their finally "making the music they want to make." We'll see the result.

Bono's Tart said:
Yes I will he uses this forum as well and will be posting the full story on
www.u2chat.com

He gave Bono a load of stuff from our children that we all had with us(yes we took the kids!!) and he took a pic of Bono holding all the drawings and he said its great!!

I cant wait to see it!!:wink:

Looks like his story is up. I love reading fan stories, they're so exciting. Definately a great read!! :up:

Yeah, great report. But...why does the first song reminds him or her of...ELEVATION????!!!!!!!!
But, I do like that reportedly Edge's guitar is truly something on this album.
So, these three songs are almost for sure on the album:
All Because of You
Love and Peace or Else
Miracle Drug
...that last one really interests me.

These posts are totally hillarious! LMAO!!
It's the end of U2's career, based on 53
second crappy sounding fan recording.
And the ever poopular crap, U2 are old.
Oh my! They're in their 40s! Time to get
out the Geirtol and wheelchairs.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom