That's pretty rude Mr. Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyMeximofoJoe

The Fly
sorry if this has been posted before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1l0Gqj1whk

This broke my heart a little seeing Bono shout like that to a fan, hearing and reading so many good things about him and the things he does then i see this.....granted it's not THAT big a deal and he's only human, but still you know i never expected this from Bono

Your thoughts?

I don't know maybe that person really stood out a bit. I was at the show the night before that one and everytime Bono came around I thought I would take a picture with my phone, but then I just couldn't, I was rather close and thought it would be rude. :shrug:

He does however, get lost in the moment, and goes into another zone. Not that thats an excuse. You have to hear from the guy who got yelled at.

i'm sorry...but if you're gonna push to be at the front of the ellipse, and then be on the phone while other people in the back want to be there...i'd bitch too

well this is from the person who posted the video:

Hi,

I was never on the phone making a call during the entire concert. I was taking pictures on my phone just like the other 50 people around me.

In all fairness to Bono, he probably was just stressed from the hectic show schedule.. I hope. He is too good of a person/artist to hold a grudge against ; )

Chris

I think I remember a big thread on this right around the time it happened (sorry, I'm too lazy to look for it even though I do have seach capabilities :uhoh: ) where the hapless fan commented on the incident.

I suspect Bono had his shorts in a bunch at the time. Everyone gets cranky sometimes, but it sure sucked for that poor fan. I seem to remember from the earlier thread that Bono kind of apologised a bit later in the show so that helps.

What's all the big deal ?

He said like "Hey u in the fuckin phone , Get off that fucking ........ U are On A concert "

And after comments like that , like someone said Bono mocked "Hey Mon , I'm a concert , Bono's on SBS and it's goin off "

I mean hell lot of people have the chance only to be in their show from 8 to 8 years , and a guy like get the best places and is on a bloody phone during it ..........

I don't think I'd do different

he apologized later during the show. i thought it was funny at the time and i was there and i still find it funny now.

I'd take this in a joking kind of way really , however it was rude of bono.

It be my claim to fame if it was me.

He says " your at a concert " not " U are ON a concert"

Before his shows on the last tour, Bruce Springsteen issued a threat to anyone who used a phone during the concert.

eta: And what's ruder, being on the phone in front of an artist who is performing, or getting pissed because someone is on the phone while you're performing?

HolyMeximofoJoe said:

This broke my heart a little seeing Bono shout like that to a fan,

Yeah, it shouldn't. It's pretty harmless. Everyone is human, when Bono dives into the crowd and hits a fan then maybe it would be worthy of a heartbreak...

Re: Re: That's pretty rude Mr. Bono

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Yeah, it shouldn't. It's pretty harmless. Everyone is human, when Bono dives into the crowd and hits a fan then maybe it would be worthy of a heartbreak...

lol i knew someone would tell me somethign about that...just trying to make a point .... but yeah sure ill keep that in mind.......although i still think axl rose is awesome

Re: Re: Re: That's pretty rude Mr. Bono

HolyMeximofoJoe said:

lol i knew someone would tell me somethign about that...just trying to make a point .... but yeah sure ill keep that in mind.......although i still think axl rose is awesome

:shame:

What was kind of humorous about that night was that this happened a few songs before 'One' where he asks everyone to take out their cell phones... Bono kind of ate crow and apologized to the person he yelled at a few minutes before. It was all good.

He was 'in the moment', as he said, and just wanted everyone to be on the same page.

That's really quite mild. I was at a Robert Plant show last summer, and he told a few people in the front row to "get off your f***n' arses, I didn't come all this way to see you sitting in the front row," or something to that effect. To be honest, I agreed with him. We can be concerned about Bono when he spits on someone; any Pink Floyd fan knows what I am talking about here.

:yawn:

Seriously this guy is just posting this video now on YouTube??? After he posted the thread on here like a year ago?

Absolutely ridiculous.

People have bad days. Some of these fans are so consumed by him being a fucking god and that he can't do no wrong. Seriously he's a fucking human being not A GOD.

It's truly out of control. :down:

Last edited:
I just posted there and now I'll post it here:

I've actually got the entire song on my iPod...he says

"Put down your ****in' phone. You're at a concert all right?
CHrist.
'Hi mom, I'm in the middle of Sunday Bloody Sunday it's really going off here in the Garden.'
It is really going off here in the garden, let's be in the moment, I'm in the moment and the moment feels good"

that's awesome. Bono should shit on the audience alot more. They're ALOT of douchebags in that audience.

Anyone heard him from April 1987? Springhill Mining Disaster?

MrBrau1 said:
that's awesome. Bono should shit on the audience alot more. They're ALOT of douchebags in that audience.

Anyone heard him from April 1987? Springhill Mining Disaster?

That was when he was wound up tighter than Pavarotti's tux.

bono_212 said:
I just posted there and now I'll post it here:

I've actually got the entire song on my iPod...he says

"Put down your ****in' phone. You're at a concert all right?
CHrist.
'Hi mom, I'm in the middle of Sunday Bloody Sunday it's really going off here in the Garden.'
It is really going off here in the garden, let's be in the moment, I'm in the moment and the moment feels good"

I have it too....yup thats what he said!

Come on now. It's like when Bono preceded EBTTRT screaming "did you really come all the way out here to watch TV now have ya?!!!". He's just pointing out that you should seperate ureself from the outside and just live in the concert moment. I don't think it was out of line at all. There's actually something really ROCK about the way tells some moron to get the fuck off the phone.

Could be worst. I once read Keith Richards let a fan really have it when the fan was EATING A HOTDOG during the concert in the front row. :lol:

As long as you don't get punched in the face by Rose, your pretty much living life at a concert :lol:

On to being serious..

This guy was taking a photo with Bono like 50,000 other fans are. But he was still on his phone in the front row. That still doesn't give Bono the right for him to cus and yell and embarress him in front of thousands of people, of where I bet he has seen many people take out their phones to take photos. Bono probaly had a bad day, like many other people do, but embarresing for no reason is another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom