Thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I am going to eat my foot.

After posting a number of topics as to why U2 should not play the super bowl, I hereby declare myself an idiot!

There I sat watching the game when halftime was about to start. All my friends kept asking the U2 freak (me) what they were going to play and I didn't want to ruin it for anyone. (of course thinking they were going to play Beautiful Day, Desire, and Streets as was previously leaked.)

They started BD and I still bit my tongue, but then they started what could possibly be the most amazing version of MLK I have ever heard and I lept of the sofa and started to scream.

Yes, my friends thought I was a freak and they thought something terrible happened, until I was able to tell them how incredible it was that the band was playing that song.

SO...

Once again, the band amazes by throwing in a totally appropriate into into Streets, leaking a setlist they did not play, playing a longtime favorite song for thousands (millions?) of longtime U2 fans, and literally ripping the roof off the Superdome.

I have read the criticism of the band scrolling "the names," and all I have to say is that it had a much more profound effect on the people I was with who did not see the Elevatin tour than many who did. They thought it was amazing.

No dancers, no lights, no lasers, U2 needed none of that to put on the most incredible performance I have seen in a long time.

MLK?

MLK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable.

Ouizy (<----foot in mouth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom