Thanks to U2, I don't hate garage bands...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I kind of hated all these "The" bands that were coming out a while ago -- but after thinking and listening to U2's earlier albums (Boy/October/War) I kind of have a more understanding and tolerance for albums by bands like The Strokes, etc...

Cus I know that U2 won't go back to the raw rock, but also at the same time I think these bands start out as garage / rock / punk, and then would bloom into what U2 was.

The Strokes blow. Their 2nd record sounded like thier first. Their 3rd will sound like their 1st. And their 4th will sound like their first. Crows will fly out of my ass before they write songs like With Or Without You, Angel Of Harlm, Bad, City Of Blinding Lights, Gone, or Kite.

MrBrau1 said:
The Strokes blow. Their 2nd record sounded like thier first. Their 3rd will sound like their 1st. And their 4th will sound like their first. Crows will fly out of my ass before they write songs like With Or Without You, Angel Of Harlm, Bad, City Of Blinding Lights, Gone, or Kite.

Damn right.

In any case, with hindsight, you can see the future U2 on Boy/October/War through songs such as Scarlet and Drowning Man. It's not as if U2 was this rock/punk outfit that suddenly made WOWY.

Yes but bands have to be given time to evolve and the best way to do this today is not on a major label, luckily U2 were given time and hopefully many new bands today will be as lucky

MrBrau1 said:

:lmao:

The music industry has changed too much for a punkish "the" band to get to U2-level . It basically took U2 about 3 albums to become mainstream popular, that would work in 1983, but in 2005, you basically get 2 albums, or you're out.

Back
Top Bottom