Thanks to the line police Chicago 10/15...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pvanort

The Fly
I must say how impressed I was with pretty much everyone in the GA line in Chicago 10/15, they were all very honest and friendly, and stuck together the entire time in line. Also, a big thanks to the people handing out the cards, and 'policing' the line! Your extra effort dealing with the numbers, line cutters, etc. made everyone elses experience much more relaxed and enjoyable! Everyone I was with agreed, besides being a bit chilly out, the GA line up on Monday, was as much of a good time as seeing the show! U2 fans are truly a unique breed. So a big Thank you to all of you!...
smile.gif

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

Yes, everything went very smoothly. My purse didn't even get checked when I got inside the
United Center!!

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

Edge's Orgasmatron

------------------

Still Elevated...

Oh man that show was just too much fun - and I agree that the line was very well done. But jeez if if had gotten any damn colder I think I may have frozen straight through... but SO worth it all in the long run
smile.gif

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
- Kathleen -

I agree, the guy doing the line up did a great job. He was actually there both days doing it. For the 2nd show we needed it because there was alot of people attempting to cut. Its amazing to me that someone who arrives at 4pm thinks they should be able to get in ahead of those that have been waiting for 13 to 14 hours in the cold.

For those of you that didnt line up for the 2nd show. If you thought monday was cold (which it was), tuesday was even worse. It was windy and cold and even wet early in the morning. Two long days in line, but it was great once again to meet other U2 fans. U2 fans are so friendly. The best band in the world has the best fans as well.

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
Oh man that show was just too much fun - and I agree that the line was very well done. But jeez if if had gotten any damn colder I think I may have frozen straight through... but SO worth it all in the long run
smile.gif

Yeah that cold breeze blowing from the west did get pretty hellish, and as always I was under dressed for the occasion! But we managed to squeeze 2 of us into a tiny sleeping bag, I was almost numb from poor blood circulation but managed to stay warm! But you realize in Chicago this situation could have been MUCH worse!...
biggrin.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Blue Room:
I agree, the guy doing the line up did a great job. He was actually there both days doing it. For the 2nd show we needed it because there was alot of people attempting to cut. Its amazing to me that someone who arrives at 4pm thinks they should be able to get in ahead of those that have been waiting for 13 to 14 hours in the cold.

I did'nt realize how out of control(no pun intended!
smile.gif
) the line jumper situation could potentially become without fans keeping a close eye on this themselves! Especially minutes before the doors opened...

------------------

Originally posted by Blue Room:

Yeah, what was with those two psychotc bitches who wanted to go to the front after showing up at 5pm? Kudos to the policeman and United Center security for taking care of the situation.

For those of you that didnt line up for the 2nd show. If you thought monday was cold (which it was), tuesday was even worse. It was windy and cold and even wet early in the morning. Two long days in line, but it was great once again to meet other U2 fans. U2 fans are so friendly. The best band in the world has the best fans as well.

I couldn't agree with you more. My friend and I showed up at 11pm on Monday night for Tuesday's show. We didn't have a tent, so some incredibly nice person with one let us sleep in her car. The cold, the wind, the rain...it was all worth it
smile.gif

------------------
"I buy socks."
-Adam, when asked what he does with the money he would have spent on drink.

"The babes, the feast, and the toga conspire to give Adam the bearing of a Caesar (one of the late, inbred, lunatic Caesars, perhaps, but a Caesar nonetheless.)"
-Bill Flanagan, at an after-concert soiree with the band and Co.

"We're thinking of playing a show in Chicago every Monday night. What do you think? We could get a place here. Edge could open up a corner grocery. Ok, a hardware store. Larry could open a securities business. Adam could be Larry's body guard."
-Bono, Chicago: 10-16-01

Originally posted by stefananny:
He's very clean, isn't he?

I couldn't resist
biggrin.gif

It's nice to know there's a few Beatle nerds, like myself, in here...
wink.gif

------------------

I was #86.

P.S. I'm also huge Beatles nerd...
wink.gif

Help! is my favorite movie...

------------------

Still Elevated...

LadyLemon, what did you do with the precious stick during Tuesday's concert?? Did you have to, like, go check on it right after the concert was done? I think I would have...

Well my stick is safe at home now, hehehe. I had a firm grip on it after the show, although a lot of people were after me to touch it. I fell asleep holding it on the way home...haven't decided what to do with it yet.
smile.gif
Besides guard it with my life (my attachment to it is way too strong...hehehe)

------------------

Still Elevated...

On Monday I was #90. Tuesday I was marked #81, but got the card with #73. Blue Room, I may have talked to you. I remember saying I was #81 as marked on my hand, and you said you were #82. But then I got the card with #73 on it. I wore prescription sunglasses outside, and I have long wavey blonde hair and bangs. Wore a cap that day, though! Brrrr...it was COLD!! On Monday, LadyLemon, SheIsRaging and LarryMullen's PopAngel were right in front of me. The G.A. Line police guy was great, and we fans stuck together! Those people who tried to cut line on Tuesday had some nerve, but, we had more nerve than they did, because they lost the battle! LOL! Can you believe that one who said she had a "right" to be up there??? She would have had the "right" to be there only if she had gotten her ass up there early in the morning (or the night before)!! One'thing's for sure...if she had tried to get in front of me, she'd have gotten a good dose of my Aries side!! LMAO! On Monday, the best way I could describe the GA line was, it was like a big block party! Tuesday, it was a little toned down, as everyone was trying to keep warm. I spent a good part of the day hibernating in my sleeping bag. What a day. Whew! The shows were worth it, though! Now I'm finally getting over the cold I caught from it. But I'm alive and have some awesome memories! BTW, that Wednesday, I managed to get some sight-seeing in. Sears Tower's skydeck was closed , so I went up the Hancock building...and I could see the United Center from up there! And while I was checking that out, I heard someone say, "That's where U2 was." I said something like "Did you see the U2 shows?" but I guess they didn't hear me. Oh well! I was still elevated (in more ways than one) that day! LOL!

------------------
"You're dangerous...'cause you're honest"

[This message has been edited by MysteryGirl (edited 10-24-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom