Thank you, boys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paul Vox

The Fly
Of course, we all owe a great big thanks to all those who posted the files today...but the big thanks has to go to:

Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry...for putting it all on the line once again...you have delivered a spine chilling opus. Right out of the box there are at least three classics...

Miracle Drug (wow, just wow)
City of Blinding Lights (I can hear the crowd now)
and
Love and Peace or Else. (a funky monster)

Thanks for the chills and thrills...making life's soundtrack burn brighter and brighter.

Just brilliant. See you soon!

:dance: :dance: :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry: :dance: :dance:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
This album is brilliant....and I'm limiting myself to just listening to 1 minute clips of the songs....I don't want to spoil the real thing.

Damn, that must be tough...no where near enough self-discipline, here.:wink:

I've been thinking constantly - It's better than Joshua Tree. It sounds crazy - but to me it is. It's better than Pop. It's better than Rattle and Hum, Boy, October, Unforgettable Fire, and F**K it's better than All That You Can't Leave Behind.
The first 8 songs are incredible (Crumbs From Your Table is great, I finally figured) and even if One Step Closer is very boring - Original Of The Species is a potential top 5 of all time.

It's amazing. I haven't been this happy in months.

it's their third masterpiece, if not their second, behind Achtung Baby. It has more "big ones" than JT (WTSHNN, WOWY, BTBS)

They dropped a ball (just a touch) with the last three songs.

OSC is a little boring - needs something and the vocals are timed a little off in spots.

OOTS could be incredible if they dropped the duh, duh, duhs near the end and the string section near the middle with the same melody as the duh, duhs.

Yahweh is great but I would have loved an incredible solo here and some more intricate drumming to blow my mind (sorry Love is BLindness has spoiled me and I am comparing to their masterpiece, IMO, Achtung.)

I still say this may be their 2nd best album ever but since it is so good I find myself wishing I could say it is their best!

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog
This album is brilliant....and I'm limiting myself to just listening to 1 minute clips of the songs....I don't want to spoil the real thing.

in what way is this not the "real thing"? on first listen all the way through, the i literally had goosebumps and chills the whole way through...i'm not sure where it rates yet...but on pure emotion for me so far, i think it may be #1....i can't believe i just said that...

Back
Top Bottom