Tenacious D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
I'm sure no one cares, but the D and Brian and the sub bass player from Weezer were a couple rows behind me in the heart in St. Louis. I wanted to get my picture with Jack Black, but he seemed to have his hands full of people...anyway, I thought it was cool!

------------------
We need new dreams tonight

Tenacious D????? Ooooh!!!! I love them!!! Jack black is hilarious!!!!!

------------------
"The world is often a wicked place, when you look around, but it's also full of beauty...and beauty is the consolation prize really...and we just have to find more of it and we have to look for it in unexpected places...its not just in those fashion spreads,
that's not real beauty...There is beauty to be found in everyday things."
?Bono
http://home.pacbell.net/sylviaji/

Just saw D open for Weezer here in LA, I didn't expect much but they fecking hialrious, cool dudes.

I don't really know much of Tenacious D's stuff. Whenever I've seen them on talk shows performing I usually changed the channel but I saw the video for "Wonderboy" (I think that's the name of it). GREAT tune and video, lol! A perfect satire of those big, bloated Meatloaf videos.

I did check out their website to watch the video again and there was also a clip of them doing a parody (or tribute?) of Sunday Bloody Sunday.

I have been converted. The D are great. Jimmy Eat World was very good. Weezer was great as well. This all means I saw them in St. Louis last night. Tenacious D was hilarious.

One surreal moment was Rivers Cuomo, during the show, asked the crowd if anyone went to the U2 show the other night. A few cries of "no" and confused silence (?). Seemed like the crowd wasn't pro-U2. Then Rivers said me too. Don't know if he meant that he saw them or not.

When worlds collide, I guess.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

[This message has been edited by Flying FuManchu (edited 11-30-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom