Tell me, tell me, what do you see?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roland of Gilead

Gunslinger
Apparently, u2log states in an article today that the industry types in Australia gave reviewers a copy of that 48-page hardback booklet that will be coming with the limited edition cd/dvd.

I wanna know!!! :drool:

As well, it was metioned that the second single was to be released in Feb. (as I thought it would, in time to launch the tour) and that a third "special 25th anniversary" single would be coming out in May to celebrate U2's first single and newest single at the same time. Well, we'll know the B-side to this I'm sure.

Roland of Gilead said:
Apparently, u2log states in an article today that the industry types in Australia gave reviewers a copy of that 48-page hardback booklet that will be coming with the limited edition cd/dvd.

I wanna know!!! :drool:

As well, it was metioned that the second single was to be released in Feb. (as I thought it would, in time to launch the tour) and that a third "special 25th anniversary" single would be coming out in May to celebrate U2's first single and newest single at the same time. Well, we'll know the B-side to this I'm sure.

Can't wait to get my hands on that book. Special 25th anniversary single sounds interesting...

u2log.com
The Island rep in charge of the preview revealed U2’s next single will be released in February and a third single commemorating the 25th anniversary of the band’s first single will be released on May 16. (We were warned not to guess what the b-side will be.)

i didn't get it...

why not?

full metal jacket? native son? mercy?

Maybe for the 25th anniversary single we'll get what they consider to be one of their best songs ever.

Miracle Drug? Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own? Original of the Species?

Of course I'm probably wrong.

my guess is Vertigo last month, ABOY in February, and COBL in May as their "IT" song to be remembered by -in time for 25th anniversary and R&R Hall of Fame ceremonies etc.

I am probably thinking way too much, but I would say ABOY sounds "fitting" as this 3rd single and "sequel-type" that would mix well with U2-3.

I will repeat this in this thread to clear up any confusion on the "25th Anniversary Single". The single will be commemorating the first single U2 put out on Island, and that would be "11 O'clock Tick Tock", not "Out of Control" which was released on CBS Records in Ireland only. Trust me that will be the B-side on the May 2005 single.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I will repeat this in this thread to clear up any confusion on the "25th Anniversary Single". The single will be commemorating the first single U2 put out on Island, and that would be "11 O'clock Tick Tock", not "Out of Control" which was released on CBS Records in Ireland only. Trust me that will be the B-side on the May 2005 single.

I agree. U2-3 came out in '79, so 25 years later would be this year. I hope they include the original 11 O'Clock and not some stupid live version. I already have one of those.

Tracks being considered for the second single are 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own' and 'All Because of You'.

The third single from the album will be released on May 16, 2005. It will be the 25th anniversary to the day of the release of their first record.

I don't know why Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own reminds me of Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of... :wink:

I have the feeling that it will sound like "Stuck"...

Which means that "Tick Tock" is going to be played live this spring, and the live version will be the single? Here's hoping....

That's why we're being told not to guess what it will be, b/c they'd have to reveal an oldie they'll be bringing back to the setlist.

Last edited:
I hope it's not a live version....i hope The Edge puts on his angry face and plays a great studio version......but then again can Bono handle the vocals? "I SEE THE CHILDREN CRYING AND I KNOW IT'S TIME TO GO" :wink:

Come to think of it.....how WOULD Bono handle that lyric now that he's a seasoned Daddy?

martha said:
Like those of us here in the States will get to buy the singles. :mad:

*starts saving up for scads of import singles*

:mad:

psst If you go to the first page of @U2 and order Vertigo singles from Sound World in OZ and mention the site there is half price shipping.

I just got both versions of Vertigo for myself and Paige and the total bill was about 22 bucks US, so about 5.50 a cd. I didn't think that was a bad price.
..but I did the same thing last time, and then the Target cd came out. :der:

Back
Top Bottom