TECHNICAL QUESTION : download real stream...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tincek01

The Fly
Hi !

Is it possible to download the real video stream from the Notre Dame Concert. I need it, because i have a very slow modem at home, and a very high speed at work...
Or did anybody did just that and it is already available on the net ???

Thanx for the answers, Tincek

I heard that there's a software which can download real player streaming file but I don't know its name. Anyone???

There is a software called "Streambox VCR." The earliest versions captured streaming RealMedia; however, it is hard to find, as RealNetworks sued and pressured them to unbundle it from future versions. The one that captures streams still exists out there on the internet, but it's hard to find, and I cannot condone it's use, because it's illegal technically--as are any attempts to capture streaming media. However, it is technically possible to capture streaming media.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

As I don't have a chance to buy it, what is the next best chance to do it ???

Tincek

Hello,
You may or may not be able to find Streambox VCR at the following location:
http://www.dawnload.net/audio_software/audio_tools/streambox_vcr.cfm

And if you happen to download it and you may need the address to get the show, you could try this:

rtsp://go.rbn.com/u2/u2_stage/g2demand/concertfinal.rm

But like Mr. Melon said, this is kind of illegal (in the moral sense really), but if you want the show forever instead of a week, this is a way to do it. Hope this helps.

Dickie

It works !!!! At least it's downloading something. If this works, I owe you one !

Tincek

The address to the real video raw file is found when you open the video in Real Player. It shows the address (ie where on the Real server the file is found) of the file in the location bar of Real Player. Glad it worked and hope you enjoy it. Peace.

dickie

i might be dumb, but for some reason it's not working for me. i paste the link onto the box but it says it can't find the file. i read the instructions on how to do it but they don't help at all. is there anyway someone can help me understand this? thanks for any help.

------------------
Peace out and take care!
-Jason

P.S. "Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no-one is watching." - U2

mofo23 or anyone, how do i get Streambox vcr to load without the connect to server thing coming up? do i have to go into registry and enter all that stuff in? if so, where/how do i find those entries?

thanks

Jesseu2,
When you downloaded the Streambox_vcr.zip file from the website, it should have come bundled with a file called fr_svcrb31_crack.zip. You'll need to unzip this file in the same folder as the two executable files intercept.exe and vcr.exe are in. Once you unzip the crack and run the executable, the program will no longer try to "phone home" and you will not need to register or anything like that. Without the crack, I have no idea how to work this crazy thing!

Peace
dickie

Originally posted by mofo23:
Jesseu2,
When you downloaded the Streambox_vcr.zip file from the website, it should have come bundled with a file called fr_svcrb31_crack.zip. You'll need to unzip this file in the same folder as the two executable files intercept.exe and vcr.exe are in. Once you unzip the crack and run the executable, the program will no longer try to "phone home" and you will not need to register or anything like that. Without the crack, I have no idea how to work this crazy thing!

Peace
dickie
[/QUOTE]

i opened the crack exe file in the same folder as the vcr.exe an intercept.exe and clicked start on the crack to begin the patch an it says it was done successfully. but when i go to open vcr.exe the setting account thing still comes up.

Yes, that is correct. All you need to do is fill the fields in, but the info will never be used. Whomever came up with the crack code did not eliminate this screen from the amended program. Once you fill the fields in once, you'll never have to do it again. Assuming the crack did work and once you fill in the "info" you should be all set. Hope this helps.
peace
dickie

Zooropa,
Use this link to download:
rtsp://go.rbn.com/u2/u2_stage/g2demand/concertfinal.rm

Actually, you don't get the file info from the location bar as I thought. Sorry. The file info is found through the following method. On the screen at u2.com where you have the ooption to watch the "spin" cam, or stage cam (normal or broadband), by right-clicking the normal or broadband buttons under stage cam, clicking copy shortcut, and pasting this info into streambox, you can download the stream. I don't believe that you can download the 360 cam because of the added software you need to run it, but if anyone finds out how, let me know. Hope this helps.

Peace
dickie

Back
Top Bottom