TAMPA show was Amazing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baker6621

War Child
Yeah, sounds great U2Gator. I loved your comment about how fat people should go eat a burger and then die because of their arteries or something. Your a very nice person to say that, it shows you care about the inside of people and not what they look like. If you wish people should die, you should go kill yourself.

My first U2 moment came on bono's bday in may and while that was fun and I got onstage and all that, this show was breathtaking. Amazing. Totally elevated. Maybe it was cause I was right in front of bono about 3rd row, but the set list was perfect, they played BAD and STILL HAVENT FOUND!!! I could hear bono singing sometimes even when he wasnt at the mic, just straight up bono's natural voice!!!

The best part was when he sang Kite and he looked into my eyes for 10 seconds singing and then slowly closed them it was soooo cool!! Like 10 straight seconds!! HE tried to reach my hand too and couldnt get it
frown.gif
Then they played Please and it was SOOOO beautiful. I cried so many times i was so moved by the whole show. THEN at the end Dallas came out and threw out pics to a few people and i reached up and he looked at me and threw it right in my hand, and it didnt bounce out or anything!! I got a U2 pic!!!!!!!!! its the coolest thing I own!!

The show was amazing, like a religious experience. I wish I couldve met Bono but they cmae out to do meeting at like 6:30 and by then I was already standin firm in the heart.

This show was everything I ever wanted out of U2 - it was a perfect show that was all soul, none of that stupid crap Bono does where he pulls people up and does corny crap that make bono seem like a big ham lately, just straight up pounding soul for 3 hours. couldnt have designed a better setlist.

How ever please see the thread I am about to write about just how awful the crowd and the Ice Palace was... it makes me never want to meet a U2 fan again, and it made me very angry at how people have taken advantage of the GA privilege. Its disgusting some of the behavior and things said to me and others that I witnessed yesterday. I actaully had the desire to line about 50 U2 fans up and shoot them execution style one by one thats how awful they were.

But U2 countered all that! ROCK ON U2!!!!

Those comments were pretty mean U2Gator, but there is definitely some basis to them. A lot of U2 fans are really cool and chill and make the GA line really fun (such as myself and my friend John-- handing out free beers, playing music and soccer, etc.) HOWEVER, those ladies who are at EVERY show at the beginning of the line taking down numbers at EVERY show aren't very cool. They ARE the line nazis. They save places and don't let other people save places while their cult members sleep in a hotel room. They act like the line is theirs. They're not cool. They're just obsessed with the band to a point where it's ridiculous. There is more to life than U2.

However, U2 are pretty fucking cool!!!

I agree with the positive comments of the band and their show.

But stating the fat people have no place or purpose on earth and should die is unacceptable and unforgettable. And I suspect that whoever made those comments is fairly young and doesn't realize the power of language like that. To wish people dead because of a concert is unnecessary and I'm sorry to see such blatantly hateful language on such a peaceful message board.

[This message has been edited by HelloAngel (edited 12-03-2001).]

To make matters worse, U2Gator, look at what was going on with the rest of the Gators, up the road in Gainsville, while you were dealing with the mean people in line:

photo9.jpg

I guess it was just one of those days...

photo5.jpg

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 12-03-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Bama:
To make matters worse, U2Gator, look at what was going on with the rest of the Gators, up the road in Gainsville, while you were dealing with the mean people in line:

photo9.jpg

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Hey, wasnt that guy in the orange shirt above with those girls controlling the line in Tampa?? Yeah, he came later and cut in line. Then when people complained he was a jerk he said they were cheaters and cheap shot artists and threw his hat to the ground with a painful expression on his face! (sound familiar?)

Yes, Blue Room, you are correct. in fact, here is another shot of him, just as he remembered, "Oh heck! Now I have to go stand in line at that rock concert! Well, maybe U2 will play like champions tonight, since this team, well, we didn't win anything this year." Bono dedicated "Walk On" to him that night.

12.jpg

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 12-03-2001).]

Yes, Of the three shows I went to, I must say the GA situation in Tampa seem the least organized. I can't really comment on U2Gator's experience, but the way they did things seemed odd, splitting the line up like that. I knew I was not going to get in the heart when I got there(I actually may have if me and my friends didn't leave to go eat!) I made it to the outside tip, and I was not disappointed(The same spot I was in for the Miami opener in March). Great show(although I must say Sunday's was slightly better..a different "energy" in the crowd.
------------------
Nate

"No particular place names
No particular song
I've been hiding
What am I hiding from?"

-Zooropa

[This message has been edited by njf77 (edited 12-03-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom