Take a break, or rethink Elevation Leg 4...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I know I will get flamed for this, but here goes:

When I heard U2 added more dates to the Elevation tour, I was excited for those in the cites they will be (re)visiting especially for those who have not seen them this year.

HOWEVER

I have to say that the first show I saw in June and the last show I saw in October were very different. The second show was much shorter, and mainly the same songs (but less obviously) than the first. This seems to be the case for many of the shows now.

I love the idea of U2 continuing the tour, but I just hope the band takes some time off (which does not seem to be the case) and rehearse some other songs. Or to be more dramatic, rethink the 4th leg entirely (setlists, lighting cues etc.) I have said in other posts that I think the show is lacking now that Willie Williams is not there, and I mean it.

I really think there is something to be said for the band playing All I Want is You with the same exact lighting schemes and cues as when they play Bad on other nights.

Maybe I am just picky, but I think a little more work can go into the show, especially if people are seeing more than one show. Elevation needs to be elevated just a little more to keep the band at the top of their game.

As they have said, they are going to take some time off after this and record some new stuff. I think they should go out on a high note with different songs played, and different things happeneing in the shows.

Just a thought - what say you???

------------------
"...I'll see you again, when the stars fall from the sky, and the the moon has turned red over One Tree Hill..."

NYC RIP

Ah yes...the great setlist debate...

although, I must say. I saw the show in Toronto earlier in the tour, then I saw Hamilton on the third leg. Hamilton rocked about 100x more. SO it's difficult for me to judge.

Although, it would be nice to hear some new stuff, mix it up a little...

I'm more worried about Bono's health.. He did seem pretty tired when I saw them last Friday in Philly... I think they need a break! Go relax for a while, record some new tunes possiblely and then come back in a year or two with a new tour... ALthough, the wait will kill me.

When you look at this world (American) tour as a whole, adding 8 cities and pushing the finale from Nov. 19th to Dec. 2nd is hardly much of a change. I guess you can call it a 4th leg, but in my view this is just an extension of the 3rd leg. All in the same country and no real break between what was to be the last show (19th) to the newly added next show (21st or 23rd?).

It is not like they are packing up and heading out somewhere else for a month or two.

------------------
"I know that this is not goodbye." -Kite

Roland, I guess I see your point, I just do not want anyone to see a half-assed show (which is what I am afraid is going on, at least a quarter-assed...)

Ivan - where are you from, I always get a kick out of your posts...

I personally think they should take a one or two month break, record some new tunes, release an album ala Zooropa, go back for a fourth leg performing a lot of ATYCLB and newer tracks for a couple more months.

After all, the Elevation tour book says "Elevation Tour 2001-2"...

i would not say that the show i saw in philly this leg was half-assed...not at all...

seeing as how this addition ends in miami...i think it will be the end for a while....until they dream it all up again...

------------------
The numeral 7

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
bono's tired oldie , with no voice , no energy right now , pathetic and short sameoldshitset-lists huh
go to politics Bono , be a fokin politician
or give us another useless/dull review/lection about living level of north-pole crocodiles .
yeah, so you keep saying

Originally posted by Blue Room:
It will be the end for a LONG time in the U.S. but not elsewhere (Europe next year).
that's why I don't care that they choose not to come to Europe -- we've had some shows and we will get some more

4th leg in the U.S. should have been Oz + Asia though

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I agree that this isn't really enough to count as an additional leg.. it's less than 2 weeks!
I used to be rather impartial to the whole idea (thinking they should record, rest, or tour somewhere they haven't gone yet) but I realized that 2 weeks isn't a really big deal.

Back
Top Bottom