swaying to the music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
david said:
there is only one U2 member that is cool as james dean and has been cool ever since U2 has formed, and that is Larry.. Mullen.. Junior.

:larry: :yes:

Miroslava said:
U2dancing.gif

Yup, always cool and poised a la James Dean

Thanks to whomever made that gif

:wink:
Oh god, I gotta go whip up an animation of Bono simulating oral sex with the TV camera on stage, that DEFINETLY radiates James Dean :wink: :wink:

unnamed_streets said:
I have to say that Bono's mannerisms have changed since the 90s. He used to come off as a quiet, really cool guy in a leather jacket. By the way I'm a straight male. But do you remember the Who's Gonna Ride video? There is no swaying all over the place and no overly ecstatic poses like he seems to be doing these days. The Stuck in a Moment video esp. makes me cringe. But remember videos for Even Better, One, Stay, Lemon, Numb, Mysterious Ways, heck pretty much everything before Stuck. There was a silent almost James Dean type, matchstick at the corner of his mouth type aura about him. I'm sure many girls went ga ga over all that. But now it seems like he's trying too hard to appeal to the kids. Just a thought, this is not a Bono bashing thread.

hehe, that's pretty funny, I know what you're talking about. He does seem pretty silly onstage, but getting into the music is what makes him a great showman/frontman. From what I've seen from the 80's (new fan though) he was even "goofier" yet completely earnest back then. Personally, I honestly think the whole 90's persona was silly as anything (brilliant though), and just as "embarrassing" to a non-fan than anything.

Although if he shakes like an epileptic everytime they play Vertigo on this tour, I might have to take that back!:ohmy: :wink:

unnamed_streets said:
I have to say that Bono's mannerisms have changed since the 90s. He used to come off as a quiet, really cool guy in a leather jacket. By the way I'm a straight male. But do you remember the Who's Gonna Ride video? There is no swaying all over the place and no overly ecstatic poses like he seems to be doing these days. The Stuck in a Moment video esp. makes me cringe. But remember videos for Even Better, One, Stay, Lemon, Numb, Mysterious Ways, heck pretty much everything before Stuck. There was a silent almost James Dean type, matchstick at the corner of his mouth type aura about him. I'm sure many girls went ga ga over all that. But now it seems like he's trying too hard to appeal to the kids. Just a thought, this is not a Bono bashing thread.

The only thing I can deduce from this is that you haven't seen ANY concert footage of Bono. IT doesn't matter what era, War, JT, Zoo, Pop, ATYCLB - Bono is all over the place. There might be moments where he strikes a cool pose, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't hold back his emotions.

They were more cool then, just take a tour for instance.
Something has changed, i don't know what, maybe the state of their minds, maybe not. But still, whatever you say, i love their work when they were a little more 'crazyer'(if you know what i mean). For God's sake, he called George Bush on the phone, now he doesn't have a phone on the stage. Not just Bono, Adam was fucking Naomi Campbell:)drool:), Edge was crazyer, Larry was different, he didn't have that 50's like a cow licked him hair.

Pero said:
They were more cool then, just take a tour for instance.
Something has changed, i don't know what, maybe the state of their minds, maybe not. But still, whatever you say, i love their work when they were a little more 'crazyer'(if you know what i mean). For God's sake, he called George Bush on the phone, now he doesn't have a phone on the stage. Not just Bono, Adam was fucking Naomi Campbell:)drool:), Edge was crazyer, Larry was different, he didn't have that 50's like a cow licked him hair.

:| :huh:

he always has his mouth open these days.

i don't really get it. if that's cool, then i guess what would i know?

Zoomerang96 said:
he always has his mouth open these days.

i don't really get it. if that's cool, then i guess what would i know?

Yes! I wanted to comment on his mouth wide open thing earlier but didn't cos people might dismiss it as a pet peeve.

Bono tried to look really cool in The Fly video but he actually looked like he was emulating Michael Hutchence.

Maybe he was.

unnamed_streets said:
I'm sure many girls went ga ga over all that. But now it seems like he's trying too hard to appeal to the kids.

I've been a fan of U2 since 1982 (I was a little girl but Bono's voice had hit already) and I'm going ga ga over him now. Actually, all those things most people referred before used to annoy or irritate me. I've always been the intellectual kind of girl and I don't really understand why Bono's hitting me at this point. It also doesn't make any sense according to the context of your words. Any thoughts?:shifty:

Re: Re: swaying to the music

LostAtMoon said:

I've been a fan of U2 since 1982 (I was a little girl but Bono's voice had hit already) and I'm going ga ga over him now. Actually, all those things most people referred before used to annoy or irritate me. I've always been the intellectual kind of girl and I don't really understand why Bono's hitting me at this point. It also doesn't make any sense according to the context of your words. Any thoughts?:shifty:

I think PLEBA corrupted you... ;)

Back
Top Bottom