SURVIVOR: Winner of Zooropa and start of POP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
playboy mansion

hope mofo wins this, maybe it can do a zooropa and beat the odds on favourite (please)

Playboy Mansion

dirtyday said:

hope mofo wins this, maybe it can do a zooropa and beat the odds on favourite (please)

I'm not sure if this is the odds on favorite. The album version, the version we're going to vote on, is pretty weak. Same thing for If God Will Send His Angels and, to a lesser extent, Last Night On Earth.

Can I just ask what everyone's problem with "The Playboy Mansion" is? It's got a really nice groove to it, and it's pretty unique for U2 I'd say...

Homerpalooza said:
Can I just ask what everyone's problem with "The Playboy Mansion" is? It's got a really nice groove to it, and it's pretty unique for U2 I'd say...

It's lyrically lazy, and arguably musically lazy also. I didn't like the use of the sample. Basically just Bono doing free-association over "You Showed Me." Also, like some other songs on Pop, didn't sound finished.

will I ever win?

Miami must go!!

PEPO
ACROBAT :( , ZOOROPA :sad: , MoFo :wink: and WALK ON FAN CLUB PRESIDENT (join... now)

alexvilagosh said:
If You Wear That Velvet Dress

Live it is fantastic, but the album version is not too good.

I totally agree. It's like Exit on the Joshua Tree. Great song but the album version sucks. I always have to crank the volume for both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom