SURVIVOR: Winner of The Joshua Tree and start of Rattle & Hum!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
EVERYONE PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ THIS!!!

The last round was tough, and was actually fairly close! However, the winner of the Joshua Tree is, by a margin of 28-25...

WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME!!!

FINAL LIST FOR THE JOSHUA TREE
11. Where the Streets Have No Name
10. With or Without You
9. Running to Stand Still
8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. In God's Country
6. One Tree Hill
5. Red Hill Mining Town
4. Bullet the Blue Sky
3. Mothers of the Disappeared
2. Exit
1. Trip Through Your Wires

The votes broke down as follows:
With or Without You - 28
Where the Streets Have No Name - 25

The Winners Thus Far
Boy: Out of Control
October: Tomorrow
War: New Year's Day
The Unforgettable Fire: A Sort of Homecoming
The Joshua Tree: Where the Streets Have No Name
Rattle & Hum:
Achtung Baby:
Zooropa:
Passengers OST1:
POP:
All That You Can't Leave Behind:
New Album (?):
Miscellaneous:
Grand Champion:

And now for the start of Rattle & Hum!!!

This is the important part: Song Selection. This round we will be voting on STUDIO VERSIONS ONLY. The live songs that are on R&H will be grouped into 3 categories: New U2, Old U2, and Non-U2. New U2 basically includes one song: Van Diemen's Land; a song that is not found in a studio format anywhere else. Old U2 includes songs like Pride and Bullet the Blue Sky; songs that have studio versions, these have already been voted on. Finally there are Non-U2 songs; these are songs that were not performed or written by U2, these include Freedom for my People, Helter Skelter, All Along the Watchtower, and The Star Spangled Banner. Van Diemen's Land, since it is not found anywhere else, but is live, will be included with the Miscellaneous songs. It is the ONLY live song to be done this way. Also, I know I will be asked about Silver & Gold: it will be voted on as part of the Miscellaneous songs, however it will be the studio version we will be voting on.

Any questions about that, just ask away.

Anyways...

Please vote off one of the following:
3. Desire
4. Hawkmoon 269
10. Angel of Harlem
11. Love Rescue Me
12. When Love Comes to Town
13. Heartland
14. God Pt. II
17. All I Want is You

I vote for God Pt. II. It's good, but the others are better.

EDIT: Edited to add All I Want is You to the list.

Last edited:
Yikes, this IS hard...

When Love Comes to Town...very good but I like the others better,

Angel of Harlem

It has been overplayed. Tough choice, though. And is it not obvious which song I love the most? :wink:

Last edited:
I guess Love Rescue Me

Did I miss something, why are we not voting on All I Want Is You? Why doesn't it count? Wouldn't it be considered "New U2?"

Well we are voting them off. If you like Angel of Harlem, you don't want to vote for it, because the song that gets the most votes gets booted. Keep that in mind.

You may want to change your vote, ~LadyLemon~.

Van Diemen's Land isn't live on the album, or the movie.

ANyway, I vote for Love Rescue Me.. it just does the least for me outta the possible songs

So looooong, Angel of Harlem!

heheh, not really, I just felt like saying that since the very beginning :p My real vote goes to "Love Rescue Me."

Goodbye :wave:

Gotta agree with Skeek on the old Van Dieman's Land not being live - don't know what you're thinking there..

anyhoo - When Love comes to Town.

Love Rescue Me.

What I don't like is that we're not voting on the live stuff. I was really looking forward to seeing just how well Bullet The Blue Sky was going to do, considering how much better the RAH version is over the studio version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom