***Survivor: What is the single doing here? (Singles Finals Rd 3)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• Out Of Control (single version)/Stories For Boys (single version)/Boy-Girl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11 O’clock Tick Tock/Touch

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • I Will Follow/Boy-Girl (live)/Out Of Control (live)

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

• Two Hearts Beat As One/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO mixes

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

• Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

• The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

• With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• Desire/Hallelujah (Here She Comes)/Desire (Hollywood Remix)

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

• One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

• Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (both Temple Bar Edit and Remix)/Paint It Black/Fortunate Son/Salo

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

• [Popheart EP] Please (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/With Or Without You (live)/Staring

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

• The Sweetest Thing (single version)/Twilight (live)/An Cat Dubh --> Into The Heart (live)/Stories Fo

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Beautiful Day/Summer Rain/Always/Discotheque (live)/If You Wear That Velvet Dress (live)/Last Night

• Stuck In A Moment/Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)/Big Girls Are Best/Beautiful Day remixes/Elevation (V

• Walk On (various edits)/Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)/Elevation (Vandit Club Mix)/Stay (live)/Where T

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Electrical Storm/Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)/New York (Nice and Nasty Mixes)/Bad --> 40 -->

• Vertigo/Are You Gonna Wait Forever?/Neon Lights/Vertigo remixes

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own/Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (live)/Fast Cars (Ja

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
By a significant margin, the loser in the last round was ...

A CELEBRATION

Non-winners list
Finals
20. A Celebration
19. Gloria

90s/00s Singles
18. Please
17. Elevation
16. Discotheque
15. Last Night On Earth
14. Miss Sarajevo
13. All Because Of You
12. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
11. Numb
10. Lemon
9. Mofo AND Mysterious Ways

Eighties Singles
8. Fire
7. Angel Of Harlem
6. One Tree Hill
5. A Day Without Me
4. In God's Country
3. Another Day
2. 40
1. When Love Comes To Town

Full results for the previous round
A Celebration - 21 votes
Popheart - 10
The Sweetest Thing - 5
Vertigo - 4
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - 4
Electrical Storm - 3
Stuck In A Moment - 3
Two Hearts Beat As One - 3
Walk On - 3
11 O'clock Tick Tock - 2
Even Better Than The Real Thing - 2
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - 2
Sunday Bloody Sunday - 2
Desire - 1
If God Will Send His Angels - 1
I Will Follow - 1
Staring At The Sun - 1
With Or Without You - 1
The remainder received zero votes.

Total votes = 69

Finals: U2 Singles Survivor - Round Three

is now open. Please vote by clicking in the circle next to the single you like the LEAST on the electronic poll above. Thank you.

Please be aware that you are voting on the WHOLE single release, not the individual a-side. In the same way that album survivor involved whole albums with their full complement of tracks competing against each other, singles survivor will involve whole singles with their full complement of tracks competing against each other.

This is a TWO day timed electronic poll.

Instructions:

Voting

Each round please vote off the single you like the least. The single with the most amount of votes is the the least popular for this round. Voting is anonymous. It's not compulsory to state your preference in the thread.

Next round all the singles are listed again, minus the single that receives the most amount of votes this round. And again please vote for your least favourite single from the selection.

And on we go for many rounds until there's only two singles left. In the last round you vote for your favourite out of the two. The last single standing is the most popular (or the least unpopular depending on how you look at it).

Tie Breaker

In the event of a tie, both or all tied singles will be instantly eliminated from the competition.

Have fun!

WGRYWH, Stuck, or Walk On?

I think I'll wait a bit. I just hope this weird fad of voting for Popheart stops before it's too late.

This is so sad. I'd thought I would always vote on principle, maybe for president but not for U2 songs. I'm going to hold my vote in case I have to protect anything. I'm going to listen to A Celebration all night as A Remembrance. You went before your time.:sad:

Axver said:
I just hope this weird fad of voting for Popheart stops before it's too late.
I agree, It's one of my favorite U2 single's. I remember the chills I got when I first heard it. For popheart to loose this round would be a shame...

Anyhow, I decided to vote off EBTTRT because the numerous remixes don't do much for me.

Walk On (various edits)/Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)/Elevation (Vandit Club Mix)/Stay (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/Gone (live)

again again again :(

Aardvark747 said:

"I see a red door, and I wanna paint it black...":wink:

*shudders* That song is only slightly better than Fortunate Son. I say shoot them both!

I predict the final four to be One, With Or Without You, Where The Streets Have No Name, and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

the tourist said:
I predict the final four to be One, With Or Without You, Where The Streets Have No Name, and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Pride and UF have to be in there somewhere too.

Axver said:

Pride and UF have to be in there somewhere too.

In a perfect world, it would happen that way. In a perfect world, The Unforgettable Fire would have won the albums survivor. And in a perfect world Heartland would have been a single. Ahh well.

Each morning now, I keep thinking whether to vote Vertigo or not - cos it seems unlikely to be going anywhere just yet! But I just can't bring myself to get rid of ANYTHING else on there, over Vertigo.
Even 'A Celebration', which went in the last round.

Please just one more person vote for Wild Horses, then we can be rid of it once and for all!

the tourist said:

I really hope Beautiful Day is there at the fag end of this survivor. i think one of the JT singles will win though.......

Back
Top Bottom