***Survivor: Walking on out of the competition with vertigo (Singles Finals Rd 10)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• Out Of Control (single version)/Stories For Boys (single version)/Boy-Girl

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

• Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

• I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• Desire/Hallelujah (Here She Comes)/Desire (Hollywood Remix)

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

• One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

• Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

• [Popheart EP] Please (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/With Or Without You (live)/Staring

• If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

• Beautiful Day/Summer Rain/Always/Discotheque (live)/If You Wear That Velvet Dress (live)/Last Night

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Electrical Storm/Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)/New York (Nice and Nasty Mixes)/Bad --> 40 -->

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own/Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (live)/Fast Cars (Ja

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the tourist said:

Are you kidding me? Spanish Eyes is U2's best b-side.

Agreed. I just wish it were on the same single as Luminous Times and Bass Trap. That would be the ultimate single release.

Axver said:

Agreed. I just wish it were on the same single as Luminous Times and Bass Trap. That would be the ultimate single release.

Yes, it would be.

Axver said:

Lemon remixes, live tracks. It should go.

I think others should definitely be eliminated first, but I see your point. I love I've Got You Under My Skin though....

the tourist said:

I think others should definitely be eliminated first, but I see your point. I love I've Got You Under My Skin though....

I'm concerned it will sneak in higher than it should. I'm also shocked that New Year's Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday are still here. Very unimpressive tracklistings.

I'm just enjoying seeing UF getting votes and no one saying it. I'm down with it because I'm not emotionally attatched... but I am afraid that if UF goes out... this competition might be closed in protest.:wink:

I like Treasure from New Year's Day quite a bit. I wouldn't be sad to see Sunday Bloody Sunday go, though.

Singles I think should be eliminated soon:

Out Of Control
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Popheart
Electrical Storm
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Gee, what are you looking for?
Great remixes (Vertigo - Jacknife Lee, Elevation - Influx, Mysterious Ways - Perfecto Mix)? Don't care for them.
Great live tracks (BTBS from Dublin, the Elevation Boston live tracks, ITABTAW/ADWM from Torhout/Werchter)? Apparently you don't care for them.
Great outtakes/covers/B-sides (AYGWF, Stuck... - Acoustic, ARATHH, Slow Dancing)? Don't care for them either.
And I haven't talked about the A-sides yet!

So what are you looking for in a single?

BTW, with the poll lasting 2 days or so, it always takes a while for many singles to disappear. So NYD and SBS will go somewhere in the future (as will ISHFWILF and SYCMIOYO, etc.). It just takes some time...
BTW2, always love those acronyms. :D

C ya!

Marty

Mostly I think I'm basing my opinions on the b-sides. I'd take the worst studio b-side over the best live b-side or remix b-side. I'd also take the worst live b-side over the best remix b-side.

:hmm:

OK then.
Although I consider the quality of each song individually, regardless whether it's a remix, live track, cover, outtake or B-side.
:shrug:

That's certainly one way to go! I don't know. Something about studio b-sides just grabs my attention more.

the tourist said:
Mostly I think I'm basing my opinions on the b-sides. I'd take the worst studio b-side over the best live b-side or remix b-side. I'd also take the worst live b-side over the best remix b-side.

:up:

Same here. I feel a single should have proper b-sides, and if none are available, then live tracks. Remixes are a huge no-no for me, except in the case of Please, which is an anomaly. I'll judge on a case-by-case basis, but what you just said is basically what always ultimately applies.

And anyone voting for The Unforgettable Fire is completely mad as that's the best single U2 has ever released. Just look at it! Such a quantity of b-sides, and such quality in that quantity! It's incredible.

If a b-side is shit, it's shit. I don't care if it's new or unique or whatever. You can't polish a turd.

A great live track is always better than some crap throwaway song that should never have seen the light of day.

liamcool said:

You've gotta be joking about NYD, that's like one of the best singles in there.

I second the three way tie idea though.

And I'll vote Stay.

New Year's Day is one of my favourite songs and Treasure is a good b-side, but aaaaall those live tracks have got to go.

Uh-oh, what in the world is going on with The Unforgettable Fire? Are people scared to post they voted for it because Axver is running the poll?

the tourist said:
Uh-oh, what in the world is going on with The Unforgettable Fire? Are people scared to post they voted for it because Axver is running the poll?

They're scared to post because they're idiots who don't want the whole world to know they're stupid.

I've been keeping personal bias out of my main competition posts and toning it down for subsequent thread comments for this whole tournament, but if this keeps up, expect a display of disgruntled bias to appear.

beli said:
Beautiful Day/Summer Rain/Always/Discotheque (live)/If You Wear That Velvet Dress (live)/Last Night On Earth (live)

:sad: sweetheart you were my favorite interferencer till i saw that!

my vote to Electrical Storm.......

OK, who the FUCK is voting for UF?

How has it gone from 5 to 13 in the space of a few hours?

It's like there's a conspiracy of fucking idiots to ruin this competition by kicking out U2's best single.

You're not funny. You're just stupid.

Thirteen voters, all fucking wimps who won't say why they are voting for a single with brilliant songs such as Bass Trap and The Three Sunrises on it.

You're idiots. Plain and simple.

(Hey, if I can be called a fucking idiot for not calling AB a masterpiece, I sure as hell can call people tasteless idiots for voting for UF.)

Steady there Ax - have a cup of T:wink:

Although, I do think ppl should post what they vote for, if only to write 'UNFORGETTABLE FIRE' or sth, it only takes a second.....

ok...that wasnt the best example:reject:

(ducks the copy of AB that Axver launches at me!)

See what you get when you hold in bias for too long? :wink:

I just wish people would justify their decision. 13 people, none speaking up is really suspicious. Similar thing happened when a tide of votes suddenly came for 11OTT.

I don't know what rules could be implemented.

I honestly am very suspicious of this sudden tide of votes, though. Even if this were a song I weren't keen on, I'd be suspicious of something. Singles simply don't go from 5 to 13 in the second day of voting in this competition.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom