***Survivor: Tie Breaker (Albums Rd 5)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• I :yuck: Boy

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • I :yuck: All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 42 47.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy has weak tracks on it anybody that says differently is fooling themselves....Boy was made by a band that could barely play their insterments and while it has an unmistakable youthful passion to it, All That You Cant Leave Behind was made by 4 people that were very confident in their ability to make a great record and they did make a great record. U2 in my mind didnt become the U2 we know right now and the U2 that survived for 25 years until the Joshua Tree came out (of which I am sure people would complain if Joshua Tree came out today saying it is a safe album). ATYCLB is better then Boy, October, War and Unforgetable Fire whether this pole points to that being the case or not. But I am glad to see ATYCLB is now winning this tie breaker.

Yahweh said:
Boy has weak tracks on it anybody that says differently is fooling themselves....Boy was made by a band that could barely play their insterments and while it has an unmistakable youthful passion to it, All That You Cant Leave Behind was made by 4 people that were very confident in their ability to make a great record and they did make a great record. U2 in my mind didnt become the U2 we know right now and the U2 that survived for 25 years until the Joshua Tree came out (of which I am sure people would complain if Joshua Tree came out today saying it is a safe album). ATYCLB is better then Boy, October, War and Unforgetable Fire whether this pole points to that being the case or not. But I am glad to see ATYCLB is now winning this tie breaker.

Well said :up:

Yahweh said:
Boy was made by a band that could barely play their insterments

What has musical skill got to do with making music?

I don't disagree with some of your comments. I do personally feel Boy is the better of the two albums for me but I really dont see what musical skill has got to do with making music. If record companies selected bands on their technical skills there would have been no punk albums.

it bears repeating

Axver said:
By the way, I can't comprehend why people are voting for Boy instead of ATYCLB. Boy has no weak tracks, doesn't sound dated after 25 years, and is one of the greatest debuts ever, whereas ATYCLB is home to the poor tracks of In A Little While and Wild Honey, and the somewhat enjoyable but uninspired Elevation and New York.

Axver said:
Er, it seems that ASOH is a major fan favourite. Everyone seems to love it.

Not me. I've never heard a good version. I think it kinda drags on and itsn't really original- first time I heard it I thought it was Sunday Bloody Sunday Pt. 2 with the "Tooooniiighht" part.

Yahweh said:

also, this guy is a friggin' genius!

I voted, but this round is a formality for me anyway, since neither of these albums is the one I want to see win when all is said and done. :wink:

I am amazed here. ATYCLB is the worst record of their career. Boy is incredible considering it was their debut. The one-two punch of An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart is one of the greatest moments of U2's career and it was only on their first record. Edge gives us one of his greatest guitar tracks ever on The Electric Co., and I Will Follow and Out Of Control are classics. Also, Another Time Another Place is an amazing song.

ATYCLB has two great songs, maybe for good songs, and filler.

Come on people, vote ATYCLB off already.

Yahweh said:

Dude...I don't know what you think but you don't make yourself look smart or anything like that my stating this stuff as fact.

"Boy has weak tracks on it anybody that says differently is fooling themselves"

Period after it, capitalize a. If you're going to pitch us your opinions as fact, at least try to do it without the run-on sentences. Oh, and it's 'poll', not 'pole'. And spare us the 'barely play their instruments' bit. Listen to the last two minutes of The Electric Co. It speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Yahweh said:
love the albums but the quality difference between these 2 albums and the rest of the U2 catalogue is quite evedent to me.

Same here, Goodbye Boy :wave:

Axver said:
If there's a tie, I have the final say. Why? Because I just claimed the final say before any of you did.

Yes you did! And since I agree, I vote Axver as permanent tie-breaker.

Yahweh said:

You're silly. The Unforgettable Fire is U2's best album. The best flow. The best songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom