SURVIVOR: The fireworks have all gone out. (UF - Round 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
The last round saw the most votes ever so far in the game, with a total of 34 votes. The loser by a margin of 21-12 is...

4TH OF JULY!!!

LOSER LIST
1. 4th of July

The votes broke down as follows:
4th of July - 21
Elvis Presley and America - 12
Promenade - 1

Please vote for one of the following:
1. A Sort of Homecoming
2. Pride (In the Name of Love)
3. Wire
4. The Unforgettable Fire
5. Promenade
7. Bad
8. Indian Summer Sky
9. Elvis Presley and America
10. MLK

I still vote for Elvis Presley and America.

^^^^ I AGREE (about "Pride" winning, not the "Bad" thing. my vote still remains the same. gee, I wonder what's gonna "win" this round :p )!! It seems there's a heckuva lottuva lovin' for "Bad," and I think it's a great song and all, but as it is on the record...not so much (still good, though). It's just that live is where it really packs it's punch~

Last edited:
Elvis Presley and America

Even though I choose this song, I am shortcutting it's beauty. To those naysayers of this song, allow me to lend a piece of advice to make this song listenable for you. You see, Bono's vocal is but another instrument. Don't listen to it too hard. It's great "mood music". That's how I hear it anyway. I've actually looked up the lyrics.......they look made up on the spot to me.

Nine absolutely brilliant songs ... it's so hard to pick one to vote for. This is the hardest CD to vote for. In fact, I'm probably going to find this harder than The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby.

Anyhow, after agonising over the decision, of which I'm sure I'll be doing more of in the next rounds, my vote goes to Wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom