SURVIVOR: That's All, Folks! (October - Round 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Well, in the first three-way race of the competition, it went every way possible. Votes were cast for 7 (yes, SEVEN) different songs, and it looks like there's no surefire winner for this round, so that's excellent! :) Anyways, there has to be a loser, so in round one it was:

IS THAT ALL!!!

LOSER LIST
1. Is That All

The votes broke down as follows:
Is That All - 10
Stranger in a Strange Land - 7
Scarlet - 5
Gloria/I Threw a Brick/With a Shout/October - 1 each

Please vote off one of the following:

1. Gloria
2. I Fall Down
3. I Threw a Brick Through a Window
4. Rejoice
5. Fire
6. Tomorrow
7. October
8. With a Shout
9. Stranger in a Strange Land
10. Scarlet

My vote still goes to Scarlet. It's boring as hell.

Boy, I just realized how ridiculously difficult it's going to be for everyone once we get to JT/AB. How the hell do you vote songs off those? That's gonna be wicked exciting.

Oh, BTW, in case a miracle occurs, and somehow the new album is out before the game ends, we'll be voting on the new album too.

fwiw, there are 112 songs (if my math is right) for boy-atyclb, excluding the live stuff.
there's 126 songs if you count passengers.
there's 128 songs if you count the new version of the sweetest thing and electrical storm, 129 if you count both versions of es.
133 songs if you count the new mixes on the best of 90-00.
137 songs if you count all the non-album a-sides (11 o'clock tick tock, another day, a celebration, and hmtmkmkm).
and finally, 184 songs if you count all the non-album songs released on singles (i'm counting the b-sides too). i'm not going to count alternate versions used as b-sides (like twilight, b-side of another day which is different than the album version).

so that would mean (i'm only going to use the 112 and 184 figures here) that, if we allowed for one day for every round, we'd be done by:

112 songs: december 18, 2003.
184 songs: february 29, 2004.

we started on august 30th so that's how i figured that out. just a little food for thought!

Gloria is fantastic! My vote goes to Stranger In A Strange Land, the worst track on October.

And KhanadaRhodes, you got a lot of time on your hands there?

Axver said:
And KhanadaRhodes, you got a lot of time on your hands there?
naah not really, it took me maybe ten minutes. i just needed to grab a U2 book with a discography, a calculator, and a calendar. (i didn't count out all 184 days, i'd add like 30 for september, etc. until i reached the number.)

KhanadaRhodes said:
i just needed to grab a U2 book with a discography, a calculator, and a calendar.

Ah, well that would help. Seriously, doing something like that sounds like something I would actually do just for the sheer fun of it if I wasn't so busy with lots of study and such. Haha, even with the study, it's probably something I'd do.

Axver said:
Ah, well that would help. Seriously, doing something like that sounds like something I would actually do just for the sheer fun of it if I wasn't so busy with lots of study and such. Haha, even with the study, it's probably something I'd do.
hehe, yeah. i wouldn't trust my memory or anything on this. but i'll admit, i was really bored when i did it, i'll admit it. :D

Keep in mind too, Khanada, that the first couple of rounds went two days before I bumped it down to one round.

I think I may actually do the b-sides too (not in this format though), but I think it would last enough time, including the final round, to possibly get us to the new album release, whereby we could do the new album too! :D

BTW, thanks a buch for coming up with that, KhanadaRhodes! I was wondering exactly how long it might take. :)

Anyways, Round closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom