***Survivor: Sometimes you can't eliminate a single on your own (Singles Final Rd 12)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• Out Of Control (single version)/Stories For Boys (single version)/Boy-Girl

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

• Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• Desire/Hallelujah (Here She Comes)/Desire (Hollywood Remix)

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

• One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

• [Popheart EP] Please (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/With Or Without You (live)/Staring

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Beautiful Day/Summer Rain/Always/Discotheque (live)/If You Wear That Velvet Dress (live)/Last Night

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:
Sounds good to me! It's probably my least favourite remaining a-side.

Yeah, and I don't like the Willie Nelson version of Slow Dancing.

We'll monitor voting though and see how things go. All could change today.

Desire is absolutely running away with this one. It bothers me a little that we don't have an obvious second target, though.

You should remember the old rule of Survivor - when you make an alliance, everyone else is out there to break it.

I like UF and I want it to stay for a while yet. But if people get too obnoxious, it will go sooner rather than later - watch it happen.

If you honestly think IGWSHA is a worse single than Beautiful Day, there is nothing I can do to help you. You are already lost.

Please, vote for BD next round and let's make this an 80s-90s only tournament!

namkcuR said:
If you honestly think IGWSHA is a worse single than Beautiful Day, there is nothing I can do to help you. You are already lost.

Please, vote for BD next round and let's make this an 80s-90s only tournament!

How come you think IGSWHA is better than Beautiful Day?

Personally, I feel no attachment to either.

Axver said:

How come you think IGSWHA is better than Beautiful Day?

Personally, I feel no attachment to either.

Because I feel that IGWSHA is one of the top 5 or 6 singles U2 have ever put out. The single version of IGWSHA is great, slow dancing is beautiful, Two Shots... is just a great, great song and a great, great performance, it really shows off Bono's vocal talents, Edge SBS solo is great, Mofo Romin remix is awesome. It does as good a job as any single, if not a better job, of displaying U2's versatility musically. A great, great single. Certainly leaps and bounds beyond BD, which is just the album version of the song and some live tracks from Popmart Mexico City, which is a great show, but they fit better when actually listening to the WHOLE show.

IGWSHA has Slow Dancing. The Willie Nelson version of it is heartbreaking in that way that only a country song can be heartbreaking on a cool summer night in the heartland. God, it's just amazing, and painful and permeating. Then you have Two Shots, a total classic and not to mention a live performance which was probably more meaningful than any live performance of a song in a long, long time.

Why anyone would want to vote it out at this point is completely beyond me.

Axver said:
The US actually has four time zones, going in hour increments from GMT -0500 to GMT -0800. The worst part? They don't always conform to state borders. At least Australia's multiple time zones are sensible!

Yep, quite annoying.........and yeah, I obviously meant 5 AMish in my earlier post.........not Amish, heh.

timothius said:

Oh Axver... but we do!

*cough*Unforgettable Fire*cough*:evil:

Earlier in this thread, I was telling Aardvark to phone people daily to tell them how much of a bastard they are. Can I now do that to you? :wink:

</sarcasm> Anyway. I'm surprised people seem so fond of IGWSHA, as I really don't like the Willie Nelson version of Slow Dancing. I far prefer the version with Bono on vocals and would like to see the Willie Nelson one out of here.

By the way, folks, we do have to get rid of Out Of Control.

Axver, can you end this round early? Start the next one, finishing this one is a waste of time, no way anything is coming back to beat desire.

Needle_Chill said:

Because the two album songs are rough early versions and Boy/Girl isn't exactly a song that deserves to go far.

namkcuR said:
Axver, can you end this round early? Start the next one, finishing this one is a waste of time, no way anything is coming back to beat desire.

I can, yes, though I do wish the "let's save UF" crowd would make up its mind on what we're going to target.

Hey, Axver and the 'Save UF' crowd, can we make a pact? We save UF by all voting for Beautiful Day. Eliminate the 00s altogether and save one of the best U2 singles in one swoop. What say you?

Pero said:
Axver, i think that uf is going next, which i don't like.
desire-21
UF-13 by now

But it picked up most of its votes overnight. If I made it a one-day round, I think something else could go. Plus, those 21 votes have to go somewhere.

namkcuR said:
Hey, Axver and the 'Save UF' crowd, can we make a pact? We save UF by all voting for Beautiful Day. Eliminate the 00s altogether and save one of the best U2 singles in one swoop. What say you?

I'll vote for Beautiful Day. But can we get enough momentum behind the cause? Beautiful Day isn't exactly widely disliked.

TheRooster said:

Isn't this a little like fixing the vote?

It's Survivor. You have alliances to ensure the best single wins. Every time this game is run on the forum, we have some (like myself) who vote on strategy and some who vote on sheer principle and sometimes arguments about the merits/demerits of each.

Axver said:

It's Survivor. You have alliances to ensure the best single wins. Every time this game is run on the forum, we have some (like myself) who vote on strategy and some who vote on sheer principle and sometimes arguments about the merits/demerits of each.

Axver... you have been in Australia too long...they have corrupted you...:sad:

timothius said:

Axver... you have been in Australia too long...they have corrupted you...:sad:

Hehe!

No, I just like UF too much to let it go so soon so I'll play some strategy.

I'll vote for Beautiful Day if it'll save Unforgettable Fire. Staring at the Sun needs to go sometime, too....

the tourist said:
I'll vote for Beautiful Day if it'll save Unforgettable Fire. Staring at the Sun needs to go sometime, too....

I'm not sure what will save UF, if anything. Out Of Control, SATS, Popheart, IGWSHA, and Beautiful Day all have some votes but I don't know how we can swing people to vote for one in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom