Survivor Miscellaneous Round Groupings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Here are the groupings for the miscellaneous rounds. Please tell me if I've missed anything major (I don't really care about songs written in 1976 that like 3 people have heard). So without further ado here they are:

Group 1
1. A Celebration
2. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
3. Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1
4. Where Did It All Go Wrong?

Group 2
1. Always
2. A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
3. Boomerang II
4. United Colours
5. Miss Sarajevo

Group 3
1. Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
2. Plot 180
3. Deep in the Heart
4. Slug

Group 4
1. Bass Trap
2. The Sweetest Thing
3. Dreaming With Tears in My Eyes
4. Always Forever Now

Group 5
1. Boy/Girl
2. Your Blue Room
3. Hallelujah Here She Comes
4. A Different Kind of Blue

Group 6
1. Electrical Storm
2. Another Day
3. J. Swallow
4. Beach Sequence

Group 7
1. Falling At Your Feet
2. Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
3. Lucille
4. Ito Okashi
5. American Prayer

Group 8
1. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
2. Elvis Ate America
3. Three Sunrises
4. Race Against Time

Group 9
1. Lady With The Spinning Head
2. Summer Rain
3. Rowena's Theme
4. Theme from The Swan

Group 10
1. North and South of the River
2. Pete the Chop
3. She's Gonna Blow Your House Down
4. Theme from Let's Go Native

Group 11
1. Party Girl
2. Holy Joe
3. Silver Lining
4. One Minute Warning

Group 12
1. Pop Muzik
2. Love Comes Tumbling
3. Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop)
4. Spanish Eyes

Group 13
1. Salome
2. The Hands That Built America
3. Walk to the Water
4. Slow Dancing
5. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Group 14
1. Silver and Gold
2. Touch
3. Street Mission
4. Stateless

Please, please, please put 11 O'clock Tick Tock in another group! An easier group!

And am I just very mistaken, but I thought I heard something about Silver Lining just being an early version of 11 O'clock Tick Tock ...?

Group 13
1. Salome
2. The Hands That Built America
3. Walk to the Water
4. Slow Dancing
5. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Putting "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" in a group of only five completely kills the competition. I'd love to see how those other four make out without number five there...

Dorian Gray said:
I'd include " You Made Me The Thief Of Your Heart" and "Big Girls are Best" in there too..

good job though :up:

I'll put Big Girls are Best in there...in Group 13 in place of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, which will be moved to Group 4.

Everlasting Love won't be added cause it's not a U2 song. Same with I'm Not Your Baby.

Very few people have heard Cartoon World but I assume even less people have heard Silver Lining, so Cartoon World replaces Silver Lining (which works if SL is really an early version of 11OCTT, as someone said).

DaveC said:
Deep in the Heart is in Group 3.

Should I add Endless Deep?

Crud.

But certainly add "Endless Deep".

By the way, how will the miscellaneous rounds work? Will you be going group by group, or will there be threads containing all the groups and asking us to pick a loser from each group at once?

Basically it will be that each group will be one round long. You'll pick the one you want to win from each group, the one that receives the most votes moves on. After we go through all the groups, then there will be an elimination round, where the winner of one group goes up against another winner of another group, sort of like a playoff tree in sports.

This was the only way I could think of where it wouldn't take us almost a third of a year to finish just the miscellaneous rounds.

Endless Deep will be added to Group 11.

Boomerang 1 will not be added because it is the exact same thing as Boomerang 2, except without lyrics.

I think it looks good!

Maybe we should add a category just for "u2 released covers"....
just so i can stamp their horrible version of "Paint it Black" into the ground :evil:

what about some of the new mixes from the best of 90-00? Gone is most certainly far improved. perhaps a category for themselves?

...isn't it...?

Covers and new mixes won't be added because either a) they are not U2 songs and b) they were already voted on, and c) if we voted for certain remixes and not others, people would get upset.

Back
Top Bottom