SURVIVOR: Miscellaneous Qualifiers - Group 14 (Final Group!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
The last round's winner was...

THE HANDS THAT BUILT AMERICA

WINNER LIST
1. The Ground Beneath Her Feet
2. Miss Sarajevo
3. Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
4. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
5. Your Blue Room
6. Electrical Storm
7. Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
8. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
9. Lady with the Spinning Head
10. North and South of the River
11. Party Girl
12. Spanish Eyes
13. The Hands That Built America
14. ?

The votes broke down as follows:
The Hands That Built America - 12
Walk to the Water - 9
Salome - 8
Slow Dancing - 6
Big Girls are Best - 4
TOTAL: 39 votes

The Hands That Built America moves on to the Miscellaneous Finals.

GROUP 14
Please vote for one of the following:
1. Silver and Gold
2. Touch
3. Street Mission
4. Stateless

I do love Street Mission (I think it's one of their best pre-Boy songs, along with Pete the Chop), but Stateless is brilliant.

street mission sucks... i dont get why everyone loves it, no offense to anyone of course.

silver and gold

Of this group, I have to say Stateless (I'm happy to see it in this round), but sorry Dave C, I must ask again, what about Never Let Me Go, and Be There? Did I miss them, or were they not included??

I vote for Stateless.

Like with "Pop Muzik" I have to object to including "Silver and Gold" as it was included on the album Rattle and Hum. If you are classifying a different version of the song as a B-Side it's redundant.

Should we include every live version of "Where the Streets Have No Name", every remix of "New York" and "Even Better Than the Real Thing"? What about the "Lemon Perfecto Mix"?

In the shithouse a shotgun, prayin' hands hold me down. Only the hunter was huntin' in this tin can town. OHH! Pure genius.

Therefore, Silver and Gold gets my vote

Danospano said:
Like with "Pop Muzik" I have to object to including "Silver and Gold" as it was included on the album Rattle and Hum. If you are classifying a different version of the song as a B-Side it's redundant.
well there is the artists against apartheid version (which is the only studio version and is a b-side to some single), but iirc wasn't it just bono and none of the other members? i recall it being bono, keef, and ron wood.

does anyone have the artists against apartheid album to check liner notes or something?

regardless, my vote goes to street mission. :D

Stateless is really good, and the guitar solo on Street mission is sweet (thought the rest of the song is a tad weak atleast in the live version I've heard), it's Silver and Gold all the way for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom