***Survivor: I'm a Man, I'm Not a Child (Albums Rd 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• War

Votes: 50 36.2%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 18 13.0%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • Pop

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 10 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone who thinks 40 is one of U2's worst songs knows nothing about concert closers. There's a reason why it has closed 310 concerts to date - because it's bloody sensational.

my vote went to Pop........
looks like it won't count for anything...... ah well....compounds my miserable day so far....... had a car accident and got beaten up by two ruffians......

where's my vodka?..............

D'oh! said:
my vote went to Pop........
looks like it won't count for anything...... ah well....compounds my miserable day so far....... had a car accident and got beaten up by two ruffians......

where's my vodka?..............

Crap! What a horrible day. I'm presuming by the fact that you are at your computer typing that you are okay?

i am fine Beli....this sort of thing happens quite often in India.... i was more worried about reaching college on time.... did not make it though.......

anyway that episode is done and dusted......

Come on people get real! Voting off War over Pop? WTF? Remember NYD and SBS, 2 of the best and most classic songs ever by U2! Sure it's got Refugee and Red Light but Pop has Miami and Playboy Mansion and nothing really classic or all that great. Please, wake up, this would be a fucking idiotic and disgraceful thing to happen. If War loses this round, I will stop giving any credibility to this poll at all. What a fucking joke. :madspit:

Last edited:
I think it's idiotic and disgraceful that ppl are voting off War over HTDAAB. Remember NYD, SBS, THBAO, DM, LAS, Seconds and 40! Apart from Miracle Drug, there's nothing really classic or all that great.:madspit:

No album is anticlimactic as War. After an amazing first half, it all comes down in a very mediocre second half. With the exception of Two Hearts Beat As One. The Refugee and Red Light are BAD, Surrender is mediocre and the studio version of 40 is also crap.

studio "40" is gorgeous... it has that acoustic part playing in the background, and Edge's angelic voice in the background is also great.

God Part III said:
Zooropa deserves the top 3! Damn you all. :(

I absolutely agree! How can there be all this love for AB but not Zooropa? They go hand in hand. I don't get it.

i confess, now that 'all that you can't leave behind' finally bought the farm, i can't pick amongst all the rest that i love so much... so, sorry, 'bomb'... i had to pick you.

'war' :sad:

U2Kitten said:
Come on people get real! Voting off War over Pop? WTF? Remember NYD and SBS, 2 of the best and most classic songs ever by U2! Sure it's got Refugee and Red Light but Pop has Miami and Playboy Mansion and nothing really classic or all that great. Please, wake up, this would be a fucking idiotic and disgraceful thing to happen. If War loses this round, I will stop giving any credibility to this poll at all. What a fucking joke. :madspit:

Even people that don't like U2 would find this poll a complete joke. To vote off Boy, October and now War before POP and Zooropa is just embarrasing.

Achtung Joshua! said:
Even people that don't like U2 would find this poll a complete joke. To vote off Boy, October and now War before POP and Zooropa is just embarrasing.

No, it is called good taste.
:p

How tragically typical. Zooropa and Pop are getting bashed. Even though those two along with the great Achtung Baby make up possibly the the most dense patch of sheer brilliance in U2's career.

NB: There will be a slight delay in the opening of the new poll once this poll has closed (in about an hour and a half ish) due to the Poll Coordinators commitment to attend an Australia Day afternoon tea, complete with damper made by 4 year olds. :|

(Yes, Australia Day is tomorrow, the 26th Jan, but because Australia Day is a public holiday, daycare "festivities" are today. )

I should be back at about 4:30pm my time ie the time under my shrimp avatar.

I know you're all hanging out for the next round. :wink:

You know, I totally forgot about Australia Day tomorrow. Shows how much I care about my adopted country.

Happy Australia Day!!! <<insert Australian flag waving smilie here>>

djerdap said:
No album is anticlimactic as War. After an amazing first half, it all comes down in a very mediocre second half. With the exception of Two Hearts Beat As One. The Refugee and Red Light are BAD, Surrender is mediocre and the studio version of 40 is also crap.

Finally someone who agrees. Although I like The Refugee.

And when I mean I don't like 40, i mean i don't like it as an album track but i appreciate the tradition of it as a closer to U2 shows. As a song it hardly sets the world on fire, and it wouldn't get the same credit as it currently does if it wasn't such a crucial part of U2's live set.

And as far as I'm concerned, after hearing Yahweh and imagining how amazing that would be as a concert closer, I'd be happy if the tradition of 40 as an concert closer was done away with.

Yet maybe Yahweh/40 as the closer is a better idea, I'd like that.

Back
Top Bottom