***Survivor: If you vote it away, vote it away ... (Singles Finals Rd 9)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the single you like the LEAST

• Out Of Control (single version)/Stories For Boys (single version)/Boy-Girl

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • New Year’s Day/Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)/I Threw A Brick (live)/A Day Without M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday/Endless Deep/New Year’s Day (US Remix)/THBAO 7” Edit/THBAO (US remix)

• Pride/Boomerang I/Boomerang II/4th Of July (long)/11 O’clock Tick Tock (long)/Touch

• The Unforgettable Fire/The Three Sunrises/Love Comes Tumbling/Bass Trap/Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Com

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • With Or Without You/Luminous Times/Walk To The Water

• I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For/Spanish Eyes/Deep In The Heart

• Where The Streets Have No Name/Silver And Gold/The Sweetest Thing (original version)/Race Against Ti

• Desire/Hallelujah (Here She Comes)/Desire (Hollywood Remix)

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • All I Want Is You (single edit and album version)/Unchained Melody/Everlasting Love

• The Fly/Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk-Korova 1/The Lounge Fly Mix

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • One/Lady With The Spinning Head/Satellite Of Love/Night And Day (Steel String Remix)

• Even Better Than The Real Thing/Salome/Where Did It All Go Wrong?/Lady With The Spinning Head (Exten

• Stay (Faraway, So Close!)/I've Got You Under My Skin/Slow Dancing (without Willie Nelson)/Lemon (Bad

• Staring At The Sun/North And South Of The River/Your Blue Room/Numerous SATS Remixes

• [Popheart EP] Please (live)/Where The Streets Have No Name (live)/With Or Without You (live)/Staring

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • If God Will Send His Angels (single version)/Slow Dancing (featuring Willie Nelson)/Two Shots Of Hap

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Beautiful Day/Summer Rain/Always/Discotheque (live)/If You Wear That Velvet Dress (live)/Last Night

• Walk On (various edits)/Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)/Elevation (Vandit Club Mix)/Stay (live)/Where T

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Electrical Storm/Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)/New York (Nice and Nasty Mixes)/Bad --> 40 -->

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Vertigo/Are You Gonna Wait Forever?/Neon Lights/Vertigo remixes

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own/Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (live)/Fast Cars (Ja

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
In the last round, the loser was ...

I WILL FOLLOW

Non-winners list
Finals
26. I Will Follow
25. 11 O'clock Tick Tock
24. Stuck In A Moment
23. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
22. Two Hearts Beat As One
21. The Sweetest Thing
20. A Celebration
19. Gloria

90s/00s Singles
18. Please
17. Elevation
16. Discotheque
15. Last Night On Earth
14. Miss Sarajevo
13. All Because Of You
12. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
11. Numb
10. Lemon
9. Mofo AND Mysterious Ways

Eighties Singles
8. Fire
7. Angel Of Harlem
6. One Tree Hill
5. A Day Without Me
4. In God's Country
3. Another Day
2. 40
1. When Love Comes To Town

Full results for the previous round
I Will Follow - 14
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - 9
Vertigo - 7
Desire - 5
Popheart - 4
The Unforgettable Fire - 4
Staring At The Sun - 3
The Fly - 3
Walk On - 3
If God Will Send His Angels - 2
Beautiful Day - 1
Electrical Storm - 1
Out Of Control - 1
Pride - 1
The remainder received zero votes.

Total votes = 57

Finals: U2 Singles Survivor - Round Nine

is now open. Please vote by clicking in the circle next to the single you like the LEAST on the electronic poll above. Thank you.

Please be aware that you are voting on the WHOLE single release, not the individual a-side. In the same way that album survivor involved whole albums with their full complement of tracks competing against each other, singles survivor will involve whole singles with their full complement of tracks competing against each other.

This is a TWO day timed electronic poll.

Instructions:

Voting

Each round please vote off the single you like the least. The single with the most amount of votes is the the least popular for this round. Voting is anonymous. It's not compulsory to state your preference in the thread.

Next round all the singles are listed again, minus the single that receives the most amount of votes this round. And again please vote for your least favourite single from the selection.

And on we go for many rounds until there's only two singles left. In the last round you vote for your favourite out of the two. The last single standing is the most popular (or the least unpopular depending on how you look at it).

Tie Breaker

In the event of a tie, both or all tied singles will be instantly eliminated from the competition.

Have fun!

I'm going to maintain my thoughts that the final four will be Where The Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, and One. This thought line is due to my opinion of these four all being extremely strong A-Sides with multiple strong B-Sides.

Luminous Times, Walk To The Water, Spanish Eyes, Deep In The Heart, Silver And Gold, The Sweetest Thing, Race Against Time, Night And Day, Satellite Of Love, and Lady With The Spinning Head happen to be among my favourite B-Sides.

This is, however, an opinion. But I will be shocked if it's not so.

I think we'll see UF instead of One. At least, I hope it's one of UF or Pride. My personal ranking of U2's singles:

1. The Unforgettable Fire
2. Pride
3. With Or Without You
4. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
5. Where The Streets Have No Name

Luminous Times and Spanish Eyes are my favourite b-sides, but are unfortunately split between singles. I find Walk To The Water and Deep In The Heart to be good, but not great.

I don't think One is all that great. Lady With The Spinning Head is fantastic, but Night And Day and Satellite Of Love are covers - and the former is a remix of a cover! Great single but not top five material.

Axver said:
I think we'll see UF instead of One. At least, I hope it's one of UF or Pride. My personal ranking of U2's singles:

1. The Unforgettable Fire
2. Pride
3. With Or Without You
4. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
5. Where The Streets Have No Name

Luminous Times and Spanish Eyes are my favourite b-sides, but are unfortunately split between singles. I find Walk To The Water and Deep In The Heart to be good, but not great.

I don't think One is all that great. Lady With The Spinning Head is fantastic, but Night And Day and Satellite Of Love are covers - and the former is a remix of a cover! Great single but not top five material.

i would add Beautiful Day to that list.

Very strong A side and two very good B-side tracks in the form of Summer Rain and Always......

i voted for Vertigo........ seems like the best thing to do since i am trying to protect Walk On......

before u guyz vote for Walk On...... please listen to the single version, fabulous live versions of Stay and Streets and of course the beautiful stripped down version of SIAMYCGOO

IMO... if I Will Follow walks away... Electrical Storm will follow...

I can't believe people are going after Walk On which has both the fantastic lead... but the best version of Stuck and equally as valid live tracks as Electrical Storm...

It actually suprises me that Electrical Storm has flown under the radar for so long. Check out the singles we've thrown off and tell me you treasure youre Electrical Storm single more than some of those?

I feel guilty for not voting this sooner....I owe 11 O'Clock an apology... But first... I gotta vote for Electrical Storm.

Oh and I think The Fly & All I Want Is You are darkies to sneak into that top 5 bracket.

Sometimes... had to lose last round! :scream:

I Will Follow is U2's best song (and the single had some excellent live tracks too!).

So it is Sometimes... again and again and again. :down:

Sometimes...

again and again and again until kingdom come.

BrownEyedBoy said:
How the hell is "Out of Control" better than "Vertigo"? :scratch:

I can't believe you typed that with a straight face.

D'oh! said:

i would add Beautiful Day to that list.

Very strong A side and two very good B-side tracks in the form of Summer Rain and Always......

I disagree. Always is not very good. And the chords are exactly the same as Beautiful Day.

sometimes... please people get rid of it!!!! :scream:
those remixes are enough to make you wanna bludgeon yourself in the face with your ipod

Popmartijn said:

thats an improvement yes :wink:

although if you wanna make it all better VOTE IT OFF!!!!

pleeeeeeeeeaaaasssssseeee - dont make me beg :(

I don't understand why people are saving Walk On.... Is it for the Elevation remix? Because Stuck In A Moment (acoustic) is on the U2 7 disc....

the tourist said:
I don't understand why people are saving Walk On.... Is it for the Elevation remix? Because Stuck In A Moment (acoustic) is on the U2 7 disc....

It's a combination of the excellent live tracks (Gone!) and the acoustic Stuck version. While that was also released on the 7 collection in the USA, it belongs on this single.

But why people are saving SYCMIOYO...? :huh:

Voted for "Walk On"........I love the nonalbum mixes of the A-Side and the acoustic "Stuck" but the rest just isn't all that necessary......

Popmartijn said:

It's a combination of the excellent live tracks (Gone!) and the acoustic Stuck version. While that was also released on the 7 collection in the USA, it belongs on this single.

What do you have against SYCMIOYO? The live performance is incredible, Ave Maria's good, and the Fast Cars remix is actually tolerable.

That said, I think it's one of the weaker singles left. I'm still tossing between voting for Walk On, Electrical Storm, Vertigo, and SYCMIOYO. They all need to go.

Popmartijn said:

Maybe for Ave Maria :drool: Please see my signature.

PS I don't play the saving game. I vote for which single I want eliminated. Which so far for this series has been Walk On for every round it has been eligible. :mad:

Axver said:
What do you have against SYCMIOYO? The live performance is incredible, Ave Maria's good, and the Fast Cars remix is actually tolerable.

I don't consider the live version part of the single (it's only released on the DVD, not the audio single). Ava Maria is horrible IMO. I agree with you on the Fast Cars remix. The Vertigo remixes are less than stellar though... Pretty strange though, considering the Vertigo original.

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom