***Survivor: Gone on the Rising Tide (Albums Rd 5)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote OFF the album you like the LEAST

• Boy

Votes: 32 25.8%
  • War

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • The Unforgettable Fire

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • The Joshua Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Achtung Baby

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Zooropa

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Pop

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • All That You Can't Leave Behind

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
rivergoat said:

Then again, I find it interesting that the horserace is between the album put out in 1980 and the one put out exactly 20 years later. Supposedly, All That You Can't Leave Behind was a 'back to the basics' album - the 'basics' here being Boy. Curious, isn't it?

goat

Comparing 1)'Boy' to 2)ATYCLB is like comparing a 1)volcano full of magma to a 2)pool behind your hous, half-way filled with water.

Afer 4 years, and having HTDDAB... I still don't see how ATYCLB is "back to basics":huh:

Waves goodbye to the little Boy even though I listened to it today and loved it.

bathiu said:

Comparing 1)'Boy' to 2)ATYCLB is like comparing a 1)volcano full of magma to a 2)pool behind your hous, half-way filled with water.

Afer 4 years, and having HTDDAB... I still don't see how ATYCLB is "back to basics":huh:

I never understood that, either. Unless going back to the basics means unoriginal drivel.

Yahweh_OMG said:
ATYCLB is in bad position..... shit.... it was a good album! At least the tour was GREAT!!!

But we're not voting on the tour. We're solely voting on the comparative album quality.

I would rather be able to say I'd gone to a show on the Boy tour, much more than to be able to say I'd been to a show on the Elevation tour. Silly voters. Come on. Get All That You Can't Leave Behind off. Of the albums remaining, it's All That You CAN Leave Behind.

anitram said:

:lmao:

Yarite. Have you read the threads?

OK, and on strategy. But we're not considering live performances of the songs at all (excluding UABRS and RAH before they got booted).

Just listened to ATYCLB yesterday and I must say its about 4 times as good as Boy is even though Boy is a good album, ATYCLB is certainly in U2s top 5 and people that say it is unoriginal should go listen to Pearl Jam or AC/DC who have been doing the same thing for 15 and 30 years respectively....ATYCLB has very solid songs not as good as Bomb but actually pretty close.

I'll put 50 bucks down says that The Joshua Tree is gonna win this whole competition.:wink:

that said, I vote for War!

beli said:

:crack:

Ill worry about that later. Umm,
I guess we could run a short poll for 24 hours with just the two tied albums? :shrug:

any other suggestions?

A short poll sounds like a good idea to me.

beli said:

theedge111, thanks for making me think about that posibility. I hadnt thought about until you suggested it. Thanks :up:

No prob, now i dont know if i want boy to just lose, or tie ATYCLB so we can have the crazy tie breaker. Man would that be cool!:combust:

theedge111 said:

No prob, now i dont know if i want boy to just lose, or tie ATYCLB so we can have the crazy tie breaker. Man would that be cool!:combust:

lol. It would be interesting actually. It would mean the others who voted for the other albums would choose which one they prefer out of the two very different albums.

We shall see. Mind you, no one has voted in the last half an hour so maybe there won't be many more votes in this last stretch. :huh:

In the song survivor series run ages ago by DaveC, we had a short poll to determine the loser. I see no reason not to employ that again here.

Axver said:
In the song survivor series run ages ago by DaveC, we had a short poll to determine the loser. I see no reason not to employ that again here.

Did he? Cool. I didnt recall.

We have about an hour and ten minutes ish to go. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom